BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120233 - 03/01/10 12:11 AM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: BIGHMW]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
From what I see and what the difference between Kuleck and Jones did, the Mission is hard to control for the higher rev bowler. It worked well for Kelly, but certainly not Tommy.

The Nasty, on the other hand rolls just the way O'Niel rolled it. Mine does, I just need to be a lot more consistent where I roll it.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#120268 - 03/01/10 02:45 AM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: Dennis Michael]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
The Real deal, Bill. O'Neill! He is the man! I don't know what it is really but ever since his first couple of shows last season he's grown on me. Now I couldn't be happier that he won his first title this year and even another one. The truth is there's not too many people I would root for before him.

I was literally shouting and cheering for him. I was in my glory when Scroggy left the 7-10. I'm not sure if O'Neill had it won before that but I knew it then. The fact that it was a major makes this win that much cooler. Now I really hope he wins the POY Award.

I was rooting for Jones against Couch but I found myself pretty much indifferent when he faced Bill. So everyone that I wanted to win actually did, for once.

#120271 - 03/01/10 03:03 AM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: Jay R.]
desertdog71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
Why does everybody hate on Scroggy?

#120299 - 03/01/10 09:44 AM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: Dennis Michael]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
From what I see and what the difference between Kuleck and Jones did, the Mission is hard to control for the higher rev bowler. It worked well for Kelly, but certainly not Tommy.

Did you miss the part where he had the front 6, and a 245? He was making bad shots in the 2nd game, plain and simple. No ball will look good if you miss your breakpoint by 3 boards on the US Open pattern.

And of course, Fagan won the week after Kulick with the Mission. Is he low rev?

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#120303 - 03/01/10 10:02 AM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: cgeorg]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
desertdog, i simply don't like his style and also no the way he looks (i know shallow but i can't help it). It's not that i don't like low rev players because i like to watch norm duke when he's playing the ouside with little hand.

#120308 - 03/01/10 10:25 AM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: spectral]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Well, cgeorg, you witnessed what I have seen often. After a few games are bowled on the lanes, and the oil is spread, I have noticed the Mission getting too much friction, too early. A high rev bowler would have trouble with that, and even getting to the breakpoint.

It is much more sustainable and controllable to the stroker.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#120353 - 03/01/10 03:21 PM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: Dennis Michael]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
But Tommy Jones was missing the break point on both sides of the line, he didn't just have the ball hooking up early, there were shots where he was flat missing target left and right.

Michael Fagan threw the Mission quite often during the week in which he won his first title. Of course its not a ball you can throw every game because its aggressive but he made a living with that ball that week.

I think Tommy missed the transition and started trying to force a line to work rather than just moving a little bit and sending it to the same breakpoint. The CATS showed it, after he goes high and leaves the 3-10 he did not move, just threw it harder and added some loft.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#120361 - 03/01/10 04:08 PM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: desertdog71]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:
Why does everybody hate on Scroggy?

I have to take my hat off to Scroggy, he has really improved and has worked hard on his game. He doesn't fall off the shot or pull through like he used to and made a bunch of really good shots that just didn't carry, not that he was going to beat a 267, on that pattern not many if any were going to beat that.

Much of the reason people hate on Scroggy and other left handers is the God-awful camera angles they use on ESPN. They shoot every bowler from the right and from in front for some reason. The shot from the gutter is just the dumbest camera angle for watching bowling.

When left handers are on they tend to start every shot from the gutter up shot then switch half way through the shot to the up to the right and behind where you can't see the bowler's swing or the target they hit, or what the ball did getting there. It's really not worth watching left handed bowlers bowl on ESPN.

#120385 - 03/01/10 06:59 PM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: CoachJim]
Sevens Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 24/m/mn
I dont hate on scroggy, he had a 300 in matchplay last week. The guy is just a goofy looking dude lol.

#120399 - 03/01/10 08:05 PM Re: 67th Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open [Re: Sevens]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
It's not so much hating on Scroggy as it is just liking his opponent better. And I couldn't really tell you why I like or don't like someone on tour. Either I like what I see, or I don't. With Scroggy, yeah I'm not a big fan compared to others but I am impressed with his ability to make shots and whatnot. Top 2 in two consecutive US Opens before the TV show and top 2 after they're over is nothing to frown upon either.

I didn't realize it until later but I was especially glad O'Neill won because it puts him in a good position to win the POY award.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.