BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118495 - 02/17/10 05:54 PM Critique me please.
NovedNiknar Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 18/Male;TX;USA

Just had a new ball drilled by Carol Norman, fixed some pitch/release issues I have been having. She then took a vdeo and sent it to me. Tell me what ya'll think.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#118539 - 02/17/10 10:11 PM Re: Critique me please. [Re: NovedNiknar]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Bent knees, Norm Duke pushaway, good swing plane, not forcing the swing. Looks pretty good. No, actually it looks excellent.

You don't slide much, but it's obviously by choice, since you're well balanced at the foul line.

[disclaimer - not a coach....]

Edited by SpareMe (02/17/10 10:13 PM)
"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#118546 - 02/17/10 11:01 PM Re: Critique me please. [Re: NovedNiknar]
lakredrai Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/vancouver, wa, usa
I like the aggresive follow through. my game got much better when I started doing that. I see many bowlers stop there follow through at about head level instead of just letting there arm go.
Columbia Freeze
Columbia White Dot

#118551 - 02/17/10 11:43 PM Re: Critique me please. [Re: lakredrai]
mikhial66 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 20/M/FL
It's hard to see everything from that camera angle. Head to toe shots from straight back and the side would be best.

Your hand is cupped a good amount in your stance then right as you move the ball, your hand uncups. It's hard to repeat that motion every time, so get your hand where you want it in your backswing and keep it like that. You also go from being on the outside of the ball at your start (which is good) to opening your hand completely in your backswing. Any where from under the ball to the outside of it is good; being on the inside of the ball will make it very hard to get a consistent release as you have to bring your hand around the ball to get any revs. Your torso is also completely bent over once you hit the 2nd or 3rd step. All you need to do is keep everything upright and straight.

That's all I can say, since I can't see anything below your waist. Post some better angles and you'll get better feedback.
Python
Midnight Vibe
T-Zone (Spare)
Copperhead(THS Ball)

#118577 - 02/18/10 06:26 AM Re: Critique me please. [Re: NovedNiknar]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I can't see much from the angle I need to see head to toe from start to finish from behind and from the side, slow motion also helps.

If you look at your release it looks like you are hoisting the ball onto the lane, try to let the ball land more smooth like an airplane coming in for a landing. If you landed a plane like they way your ball lands, the passengers would give you a dirty look as they were getting off the plane. I have seen worse, it's not a crash landing, just bumpy.

#118591 - 02/18/10 09:54 AM Re: Critique me please. [Re: CoachJim]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: CoachJim

If you look at your release it looks like you are hoisting the ball onto the lane, try to let the ball land more smooth like an airplane coming in for a landing. If you landed a plane like they way your ball lands, the passengers would give you a dirty look as they were getting off the plane. I have seen worse, it's not a crash landing, just bumpy.

I agree, your release is creating a slight loop to the ball path from your hand to the lane. This can cause hydroplaning on the oil.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.