BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118347 - 02/16/10 06:38 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: cgeorg]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Ciminelli did good on the Shark in the RPI. I bet he learns to back off on the fingers a bit so he can use reactive equipment. Urethane seems to quit hitting after a while, once the carry down pushes the oil down the lane and the heads break down the ball doesn't seem to have enough to turn the corner after a while.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#118351 - 02/16/10 07:45 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: CoachJim]
trekguy Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: Mn
Originally Posted By: CoachJim
Ciminelli did good on the Shark in the RPI. I bet he learns to back off on the fingers a bit so he can use reactive equipment. Urethane seems to quit hitting after a while, once the carry down pushes the oil down the lane and the heads break down the ball doesn't seem to have enough to turn the corner after a while.

During the match, he said exactly that. He also said that he had another ball to go to once it started to carry down. Never pulled the trigger on that move though.

#118354 - 02/16/10 08:12 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: Vini]
trekguy Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: Mn
Originally Posted By: Vini
did you Master it ?
I mean the snap.
I have tried it few times but it is soon for me. When I tried it I ended up forcing my swing. so for now 250-300 revs will have to do.

Ahhh, no. Well, sort of... still working on it. The unloading of the wrist part came pretty easily, but I did have problems getting the proper amount of axis rotation for a while (sept-dec)... as in, do everything right, but the ball doesn't come up to the pocket because I would come straight up the back of the ball. Ugh. frown And yes, I catch myself forcing the swing now and again... for some reason, it's usually the middle two of the four game set. Again, the tricky part is to be strong with the release while letting the ball fall into the swing. Right now, I'm content to just unload the wrist and come though smoothly. Once I have that down, and get bored with it, I'll probably try to accelerate it some. smile

#118366 - 02/16/10 09:47 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: trekguy]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Originally Posted By: trekguy
There's a difference between forcing the swing and accelerating through the release. ....
The trick is to let the ball fall, relaxed arm, then still be strong with the wrist/hand.

Now you tell me!

Every word is true, but it took a coaching session for me to find this out.
"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#118389 - 02/17/10 05:16 AM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: 10PinGaloot]
Vini Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/Al
I am sorry to say this: But I am glad that I have friends on this topic. I thought I was too slow on learning the release.

#118391 - 02/17/10 06:04 AM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: trekguy]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:
During the match, he said exactly that. He also said that he had another ball to go to once it started to carry down. Never pulled the trigger on that move though.

Now Ciminelli is sitting at home wondering what would have happened if he made the switch. If you are thinking "I might need to make an adjustment here" do it, take the chance more than likely you are right, if not it is only one frame lost and you will know better where you need to move to to make the ball you were using work or to make the ball change from a deeper part of the lane.

Bowling on modern conditions with modern equipment is all about making adjustments and knowing when to make them. Knowing this is what give you the confidence you need to perform at a high level, being right 75% of the time allows you to perform at the highest level. The winner on tour is usually the guy who guesses right and makes the changes when they need to be made. Once in a long while the lanes and conditions will be just right for only you and your favorite ball, it does happen, but it is rare. It happened to me once I threw a 788 and threw three good shots it seemed, but I could do no wrong, and got a nice trophy for it, people win the lottery too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
For stubborn straight-bowlers
by SteveH - Yesterday at 05:20 PM
best defiant in the line from roto grip?
by champ - Yesterday at 03:37 PM
First Day with the Storm Crux
by SteveH - Yesterday at 02:58 PM
Thumb Tape Help - Gets sticky.
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 09:18 AM
Changing a polished ball
by Fin09 - 10/23/14 10:22 PM
Ah yes, elbow inside
by SteveH - 10/23/14 06:22 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - 10/22/14 10:28 PM
The Weak Ten pin?
by steveA - 10/21/14 07:11 PM
Adding new ball to the arsenal
by spectral - 10/21/14 10:16 AM
Fall '14 Week 6 virtual league results
by SteveH - 10/20/14 08:26 PM
Help choosing a new ball
by Cray - 10/20/14 12:45 AM
1500 abralon pad
by Dave800 - 10/19/14 07:58 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.