BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118368 - 02/16/10 10:07 PM Kinda a noob question about the forum....
Paragor Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 17/M/MI
Alright, I know I'm gonna sound really stupid for asking, but I've noticed this one forum topic thing...the "Virtual League". I was gonna post this question asking what it was in there, but the only posts I've seen in there about different teams. So, basically, what is the Virtual League?

btw, sorry if this seems really stupid...but I joined this site yesterday lol.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#118369 - 02/16/10 10:20 PM Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... [Re: Paragor]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
The Virtual League is just that- a fun league where members who signed up are put on teams and we submit our scores each week. Works just like a real league, except we don't actually bowl with each other in person. Unfortunately, registration closed in January but PM the league administrator (username cgeorg) and he might be able to arrange something. If not, there's always next season.

#118370 - 02/16/10 10:24 PM Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... [Re: beefers1]
Paragor Offline
Bantam

Ahhhhh I gotcha. So is there like a specific day you are supposed to bowl to submit the scores too? and how often are each seasons?

#118378 - 02/17/10 12:35 AM Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... [Re: Paragor]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

The current season is 12 weeks, and we're 6 weeks in. This is our first time doing this so we're still working out the little things. Since everyone's real life bowling leagues start at different times, times will generally be consensus based. The next one might be the middle of spring/summer short season league (likely), or it may not start until the 2010-11 fall/winter season.

You can follow the progress at http://www.bowlingfans.com/league/

#118468 - 02/17/10 02:11 PM Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... [Re: beefers1]
Paragor Offline
Bantam

Ahhh I gotcha. Thanks for the information. So, once this season is over, where would I go to sign up for the next league, when the sign up starts?

#118491 - 02/17/10 05:32 PM Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... [Re: Paragor]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

That information will be posted in the Virtual League section of the forum. A lot of the members will be discussing it then, so it'll be hard to miss.

#118499 - 02/17/10 06:28 PM Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... [Re: beefers1]
Paragor Offline
Bantam

Ok. Again, thanks for the information man.

#118502 - 02/17/10 06:43 PM Re: Kinda a noob question about the forum.... [Re: Paragor]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
We all bowl on our league night. Those that bowl multiple leagues choose one league and submit those scores every week. Some members aren't on any leagues at all and try to bowl the same day every week and use those scores.
HS:763

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Roto-Grip Rubicon Video Ball Review
by sk8shorty01 - 08/25/20 05:50 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.