BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118182 - 02/15/10 06:38 PM New Ball suggestion
Paragor Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 17/M/MI
Alright, right now I've been using a Black Widow Pearl and a Storm Dimension. I've been thinking about getting another bowling ball, but I'm not quite sure what I should be looking for. I'm a pretty decent bowler, but my overall knowledge about the different balls and such is a little lower. I'd appreciate any help.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#118202 - 02/15/10 08:59 PM Re: New Ball suggestion [Re: Paragor]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
You have heavy and medium covered. What are you having problems with? Be specific. Or are you just looking to spend some money?

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#118213 - 02/15/10 10:02 PM Re: New Ball suggestion [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Paragor Offline
Bantam

Well, I'm only 17 and I'm not gonna lie and say that I know everything about bowling or even the balls I use. I got both of those based on advice from a friend of mine. I'm not even sure which one you're considering heavy and medium.

For problems, I would say that, once the lanes have broke down and the oil is pretty much gone, both the Dimension and Pearl will usually hook a bit too much for me and hit too high. I make the usual adjustments of moving my feet left, my mark left, and then adjusting my ball speed as need be (i'm pretty sure i'm a medium ball speed thrower). That usually helps, but I'd still rather have a ball that might be a bit better on this type of lane condition. Is there anything else I should be aware of or should be doing?

#118224 - 02/15/10 11:21 PM Re: New Ball suggestion [Re: Paragor]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
The Dimension is a solid and the Black Widow Pearl is obviously a pearl. So I would say you pretty much have heavy ( solid ) and medium ( pearl ) covered. If I were you and you wanted a ball to get more length, I would look for a high rg, low flaring Pearl.
Each company makes one. It just depends on which company you prefer. If you don't care which company you use then we can just suggest one from each company.

Storm Fast
Brunswick Avalanche Pearl
Avalanche Slide
RotoGrip Dark Star
Hammer Cherry Vibe
Ebonite Boom/Bash
Columbia Loud Noize

I'm sure anyone of these would fit the bill. Being a bias Storm fan, I naturally would go for the Fast. But that's just me.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#118333 - 02/16/10 05:04 PM Re: New Ball suggestion [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Paragor Offline
Bantam

Personally, just from which of the balls I have and like and from what I've seen my friends throw and such, I'm more of a Storm fan myself.

So, just so I can clarify, the Storm Fast would be more used with light oil right? It doesn't have as much hooking power that the Dimension and BW Pearl have?

Sorry if my questions seem stupid, I'm really trying to expand my bowling knowledge lol.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 10/18/18 04:06 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.