BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118295 - 02/16/10 12:11 PM Ryan Ciminelli
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
I'll tell you guys that this 21-year-old can BRING IT from outside the first arrow, and especially when he is given an outside line to play with so he can use his Storm Natural urethane ball (to cut the amount of hook down as he generates a very high rev-rate) and rip the finger holes out of it, but I have a few things to ask

Will he be as successful as he has been so far in his just young career if

1) He either had to use a reactive ball on some patterns, in which for some shots that he throws might over-react

or

2) He has to play in and swing it from the deep-inside line as opposed to firing it up from the extreme-outside line

What do you think???

I also say that to be the complete package that I think he will become soon, he just needs to not throw a tentative shot coming out of commercial break (as he did against WRW this past Sunday, when he left the 4-6-10).
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#118303 - 02/16/10 01:26 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: BIGHMW]
Vini Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/Al
I think that boy ROCKS !

And I go for the 2-nd option

#118304 - 02/16/10 01:28 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: BIGHMW]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
People were talking in another thread that at the masters everyone had to play deep even WRWJ, so I'm assuming the lefties did as well which might mean Ryan was playing a deeper line with a more angular ball. If xtra frame is still free might want to check the earlier round coverage.

#118306 - 02/16/10 01:39 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: B-Hammer]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
I can't wait to see Ciminelli make a show on something like the Shark, so we can see him rip into a reactive.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#118310 - 02/16/10 01:46 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: cgeorg]
Hooker Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/M/Canton/Ludington/MI
Time will tell. He has been fun to watch. He has had success this season. I like the fact that he throws urethane(very interesting) He throws nice and hard and has had composure(TV finals verses WRWJ and Duke....thats pressure) But time will tell....People said the same thing about Sean Rash after he got out of college and look here years after winning the Masters....he has been laying eggs, especially on TV and not converting easy spares. Rash seems lost.

Current
AVG: 203 161
LHG: 249 167
LHS: 610 484

Book Avg: 171 (2010/11)
Career HG: 258 USBC
Career HS: 629 USBC
Year began bowling: Fall 2008

Storm HyRoad
Storm Street Rod Pearl
Storm Tropical Storm
Columbia 300 WD

#118314 - 02/16/10 02:30 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: Hooker]
Vini Offline
Team USA Contender

It is funny though...
Ryan seems to force the ball (not a free swing), and still he made it to the telecast ! lol !

#118316 - 02/16/10 03:06 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: Vini]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
Originally Posted By: Vini
It is funny though...
Ryan seems to force the ball (not a free swing), and still he made it to the telecast ! lol !

There's a difference between forcing the swing and accelerating through the release. Ciminelli, Robert Smith, Sean Rash, etc have relaxed swings, but when it comes time to unload the release, they definitely put some energy into it(the release). The arm. wrist, and hand load up in the swing, and then unload/snap through the ball at the point of release. For us, the idea is to roll it smoothly off of your hand... well, they just roll it off of their hands with a good deal more snap than most everyone else. wink

The trick is to let the ball fall, relaxed arm, then still be strong with the wrist/hand. Neat trick if you can master it... been working on it all season. smile

Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#118318 - 02/16/10 03:12 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: trekguy]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
Ciminelli reminds me of "The Buzzsaw" from a few years back the way he curls up that arm and snaps it through. I think he's the real thing....solid form, and power.
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#118335 - 02/16/10 05:33 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: trekguy]
Vini Offline
Team USA Contender

did you master it ?
I mean the snap.
I have tried it few times but it is soon for me. When I tried it I ended up forcing my swing. so for now 250-300 revs will have to do.

#118345 - 02/16/10 06:21 PM Re: Ryan Ciminelli [Re: trekguy]
MikeHL Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/da U.P. of Michigan, eh
Originally Posted By: trekguy
Ciminelli reminds me of "The Buzzsaw" from a few years back the way he curls up that arm and snaps it through.

John Gant! Yeah, now that you mention it I can kinda see it, too. Good call. smile When the lane condition gave Gant room to send that ball left and let it go to work, it was usually boom, 10 in the pit.
-- Mika Koivuniemi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.