BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#117904 - 02/13/10 12:14 PM Recommend a pro shop in Long Island NY
unusualSpare Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 30/M/NY
It seems that there are plenty of shops where they'll just measure your hand, drill the ball then send you on your merry way. I'm looking for a shop that will actually take the time to find my PAP and help determine the layout according to what I want the ball to do. I assume that the shops listed on the PBA site are a good place to start, but I'd like to go to the best around.

Is anyone able to recommend a shop where they're very thorough and do a great job?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#117912 - 02/13/10 12:56 PM Re: Recommend a pro shop in Long Island NY [Re: unusualSpare]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I like Damon at Farmingdale lanes. Also Mike at Westbury bowl. To me those two are the best. I used to like Norm Ginsberg Jr. but he doesn't drill anymore. In my opinion those are the best around. Honorable mention goes out to BowlMart in Mineola. I like Frank but they haven't quite moved with the times. No switch grips.

Reign of Fire
Marvel Pearl
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#117914 - 02/13/10 01:10 PM Re: Recommend a pro shop in Long Island NY [Re: Smooth Stroker]
unusualSpare Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 30/M/NY
Thanks, I'll check out Damon at Farmingdale lanes since it's close to my job. I just want to make sure my ball is 100% fit and drilled correctly so that I can focus on my game and not have any excuse to blame my equipment when I mess up grin

Thanks again

#117916 - 02/13/10 01:15 PM Re: Recommend a pro shop in Long Island NY [Re: unusualSpare]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
No problem, the only day he isn't open is Sunday. I'll be there today coaching in a youth league. I like it there.

Reign of Fire
Marvel Pearl
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

It's never too early for a good deal!
Shop Amazon - Countdown to Black Friday

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Body Moving Left
by SteveH - Yesterday at 05:07 PM
Critical Care Kitty needs your help
by MiggityMatt - Yesterday at 02:40 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - 10/29/14 10:36 PM
Subs wanted for fall virtual league
by Richie V. - 10/28/14 07:05 PM
Fall '14 Week 7 virtual league results
by Richie V. - 10/28/14 07:02 PM
Sore wrist.
by spr3wr - 10/28/14 04:14 PM
Storm Crux Video Ball Review
by BOSStull - 10/28/14 02:42 AM
2014 WTBA World Men's Championships
by Richie V. - 10/26/14 09:21 PM
Ah yes, elbow inside
by SteveH - 10/26/14 11:34 AM
Rough Comparisons of Storm & Roto Grip balls
by SteveH - 10/25/14 04:33 PM
For stubborn straight-bowlers
by SteveH - 10/24/14 05:20 PM
best defiant in the line from roto grip?
by champ - 10/24/14 03:37 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.