BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#117786 - 02/12/10 11:17 AM PBA Bowlers
Hooker Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 32/M/Canton/Ludington/MI
Has anyone had any great experiences meeting or bowling in a Pro/Am with some of the PBA pros?

I have always wanted to go to an event to see them in action....if I am awed at home watching on TV....I can only imagine what its like in person.

Anyone have a favorite pro to watch? Me I always loved watching Chris Barnes....Accurate, strong apparoach and mechanics, versitale....he just seems like the complete bowler Pete Weber.......need I say more.....Living legend.....I love his attitude.....on edge and fired up.....Adds excitment to the game!!!!! I also enjoy watching WRWJ, Belmonte and Rhino page.....Funny how 3 of them are Storm guys!!!!!! LOL!!!

Current
AVG: 203 161
LHG: 249 167
LHS: 610 484

Book Avg: 171 (2010/11)
Career HG: 258 USBC
Career HS: 629 USBC
Year began bowling: Fall 2008

Storm HyRoad
Storm Street Rod Pearl
Storm Tropical Storm
Columbia 300 WD

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#117790 - 02/12/10 11:33 AM Re: PBA Bowlers [Re: Hooker]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I went to the King of Bowling event last year. The best part about bowling is that the pro's in the sport are actually available for the public to talk to. I was able to "pick their brains" so to speak during their off times and they have no problem hanging out with the fans.

Its quite different from other sports.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#117791 - 02/12/10 11:52 AM Re: PBA Bowlers [Re: sk8shorty01]
Hooker Offline
Bracket Donor

I know...I live in the Detroit Metro Area and I was so tied up this summer I didn't get a chance to go to the World Series of Bowling......That would have been a real treat. Its funny how they had it at Thunderbowl Lanes.....I always thought that was a [censored] house.....not to mention a lot of holigans used to go to the bar there!

Current

Storm HyRoad
Storm Street Rod Pearl
Storm Tropical Storm
Columbia 300 WD

#117801 - 02/12/10 12:59 PM Re: PBA Bowlers [Re: Hooker]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Here is a link to the thread I made shortly after the event. It has some pictures from the event in there...

http://www.bowlingcommunity.com/b/ubbthreads.php/topics/87722/1.html
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#117818 - 02/12/10 05:32 PM Re: PBA Bowlers [Re: sk8shorty01]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I know Fagan and have bowled with him in the same league once or twice. I met Patrick Allen at a bowling alley out here. He used to come out here to get his stuff drilled. Ditto for Fagan. I met Randy Pederson at a clinic. Really nice guy. Helped me out a lot. I met Brian Voss, Norm Duke and Bob Learn Jr. at the same clinic. It was funny working with Bob Learn Jr. He was trying to teach me something he never did while bowling. I found it ironic. They demonstrated some trick shots. Those were kool. Of all the pros, I had the most fun talking with Randy Pederson. I asked a question at the clinic about adjusting to drier lanes and Voss skirted around the issue. Randy Pederson then answered the question without missing a beat. Kind of showing up Voss. But Brian Voss was trying to show us how to bowl the Brian Voss way. Randy Pederson showed me the pro style release.

I also had some experience bowling with some pros in the Pro Am. I did it once or twice. I bowled with Mika, Rudy Revs, Patrick Healey Jr. and some other guys. It was a few years ago. I liked it, but I bet it's much better now with the exempt status the bowlers have. You'll probably get to bowl with some better known pros now.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#118028 - 02/14/10 12:48 PM Re: PBA Bowlers [Re: Smooth Stroker]
Hooker Offline
Bracket Donor

Just from watching on Sundays, Randy Peterson would be great to pick his brain apart on the game.....He knows it like the back of his hand.....

Current

Storm HyRoad
Storm Street Rod Pearl
Storm Tropical Storm
Columbia 300 WD

#118036 - 02/14/10 01:34 PM Re: PBA Bowlers [Re: Hooker]
kwik8 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/m/Md
Danny Wiseman used to come around the center I bowled at every now and then growing up in Baltimore, he was always really cool. Interesting watching his game evolve as the years passed. I met Amleto(sp?) at a pro am he was cool too. He was one of the first I remember throwing on the "inside" and putting lots of revs that way. As for people I like to watch, Fagan. He throws the ball really nice and effortless.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.