BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#117744 - 02/12/10 09:11 AM Re: new videos [Re: Lefty]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 39/M/New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Lefty
Keep focusing on the revs and you're going to be disappointed.

I agree with this comment 100%. In college, I watched a good bowler with decent but not excellent fundamentals decide that he was going to focus on revs and become a cranker instead of improving his physical game. It did not help him one bit, in fact, it ended up hurting what he already had established.

Mark

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#117745 - 02/12/10 09:17 AM Re: new videos [Re: Mkirchie]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
i'm not focussing on revs alone. I'm focusing on a clean release in general. The time i miiss my target are the times where my release is not clean (or should i say even less clean then most of the time) meaning grabbing and/or muscling.

i'm bowling on lanes as dry as most of you have never played on and i can't get my ball to hook, it would be nice to have a clean release and actually see it move to the pocket

#117747 - 02/12/10 09:27 AM Re: new videos [Re: spectral]
mikhial66 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 20/M/FL
Originally Posted By: spectral
lessons, practice, time, ... agreed BUT

i'm sure some of it is just natural talent. I'm sure there are a lot of people that take bowling very serious that just cannot get up to that highest level just because the lack of talent for it.

I don't agree with this. While there are certain aspects of the game that come easier to some people, I don't think that there is a glass ceiling for certain people. The reason people plateau is either lack of resources, knowledge, or time. I would not put talent as one of those.
Python
Midnight Vibe
T-Zone (Spare)
Copperhead(THS Ball)

#117748 - 02/12/10 09:32 AM Re: new videos [Re: mikhial66]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

so basically it would be best for me to just take a year off of league bowling and practice by myself.

I can't be trying things (which most likely won't work anyway due to the added pressure) and bowl much lower games then i could be bowling... I don't care about my scores much myself but my team mates would.

I'm not one to pick up something new by practicing it once a week. If i implement that into my next league match i will bowl a lot lower then i normally would and if i play the league match the way i normally do my practice session goes to waste as well.

#117750 - 02/12/10 09:37 AM Re: new videos [Re: spectral]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
spectral, if you bowl league once a week then you have an entire week to implement something into your game. Sure, you might not be great at it but you shouldn't be terrible at it either.

How often would you be able to practice throughout a given week? Are you able to go for an hour every day or other day?
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#117752 - 02/12/10 10:00 AM Re: new videos [Re: spectral]
Lefty Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37 / M / Rochester, NY
Originally Posted By: spectral
so basically it would be best for me to just take a year off of league bowling and practice by myself.

I can't be trying things (which most likely won't work anyway due to the added pressure) and bowl much lower games then i could be bowling... I don't care about my scores much myself but my team mates would.

I'm not one to pick up something new by practicing it once a week. If i implement that into my next league match i will bowl a lot lower then i normally would and if i play the league match the way i normally do my practice session goes to waste as well.

When I was younger, I was bowling 20+ games a week outside of youth league, youth travel and YBT (Youth Bowlers Tour. It's not an either or proposition.

#117766 - 02/12/10 10:29 AM Re: new videos [Re: sk8shorty01]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
spectral, if you bowl league once a week then you have an entire week to implement something into your game. Sure, you might not be great at it but you shouldn't be terrible at it either.

How often would you be able to practice throughout a given week? Are you able to go for an hour every day or other day?

actually i bowl in 3 different leagues a week, so i have time to practice once a week smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by SteveH - 09/17/19 11:06 AM
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 09/12/19 12:24 AM
USBC Rule 12
by Dennis Michael - 09/10/19 07:26 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Mkirchie - 09/03/19 03:33 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.