BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116665 - 02/04/10 01:59 PM span pics
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
as promised earlier, here are the pics of my different spans.
The span on the nomad is the one I use when bowling with my wrist device (which should be a bit shorter than normal according to 3 pro shops i've been so far). I have 2 changeable thumb holes for this ball, one drilled neutral and one with reverse pitch.

The other span on mu ressurgence (which i normally don't use anymore) was drilled for playing without wrist device, this thumb hole has 1/8 of reverse pitch (not changeable).

below are the pics. I'd like a lot of opinions from people that know a lot about spans smile. Like i said to me the stretched span feels stretched but not uncomfortable, it feels like i can hold onto the ball without any muscle in the thumb and it feels like i can keep my wrist cupped without any effort as well when hanging it by my side.

pics:

fire away

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#116667 - 02/04/10 02:05 PM Re: span pics [Re: spectral]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

oh right on a side note i have put a pic of the layout on my nomad on here as well, i think you can see the layout of my resurgence as well between my fingers, any comments on what these layouts do are appreciated as well smile

#116704 - 02/04/10 05:19 PM Re: span pics [Re: spectral]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
The Nomad span looks close to right, the resurgance is a bit long especially the middle finger.

What do you want to know about the drilling patterns?

#116707 - 02/04/10 05:26 PM Re: span pics [Re: CoachJim]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

do you think i need different lengths on both fingers?

the nomad is drilled kinda neutral is it not? what kind of reaction does this give. Also what kind of reaction does the drillong on the resurgence give me?

#116727 - 02/04/10 09:02 PM Re: span pics [Re: spectral]
TenPin_ Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 32/M/TX
I agree with Jim, from these photos the nomad looks close (maybe a tiny bit long) and the resurgence is long.

Most people will have different spans on their ring and middle fingers as they are different distances from the thumb, but sometimes they will be the equal. From my experience the ring finger span is usually a little longer than the middle finger span, but I do have a couple guys who's ring finger span is a little shorter than their middle finger.

#116752 - 02/05/10 02:09 AM Re: span pics [Re: TenPin_]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

i can agree that the resurfence feels a bit stretched, but the nomad still being a tad long? the nomad feels short for my feeling.

Maybe because ive been playing with that span with a wrist device making it feel like its longer anyway. Maybe i've never had a non-stretched span before

#116760 - 02/05/10 04:41 AM Re: span pics [Re: spectral]
TenPin_ Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 32/M/TX
It's hard to see exactly where the creases are in your fingers, but in the last shot showing your entire hand in the Nomad the webbing looks a bit tight. It could just be because of how you have your index finger spread.

#116761 - 02/05/10 05:12 AM Re: span pics [Re: TenPin_]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

i'll mark the ceases with a pen next time smile

#116768 - 02/05/10 06:06 AM Re: span pics [Re: spectral]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:
the nomad is drilled kinda neutral is it not? what kind of reaction does this give. Also what kind of reaction does the drillong on the resurgence give me?

It all depends on what your pap is, if it is in the normal range from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2" from your mid line and not up from the mid line more than 1" then the Nomad would have a go longer arcing type drilling and the resurgence would be drilled for max flair.

#116974 - 02/06/10 01:47 PM Re: span pics [Re: CoachJim]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

i changed the span pics (i marked the ceases with a pen) so you can see more clearly what my span is. I can put my hand in 4 different positions on the ball without stretching my hand or thumb so it's kinda weird to actually measure my span.

the third pic is a pic to show how stiff my thumb is, i cannot touch the palm of my hand with my thumb when bringing it to the inside. Ron C said mmy stiff thumb is no excuse not to use forward pitch, but that a stuff thumb might require sideways pitch. Do you guys think i need lateral thumb pitch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - Yesterday at 06:08 AM
For the good of the sport?
by BOSStull - 06/16/18 06:39 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 06/10/18 05:29 AM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 05/27/18 05:03 PM
no one on for 5 days
by 82Boat69 - 05/23/18 04:38 PM
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - 05/20/18 07:28 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.