BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#117308 - 02/09/10 12:35 PM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: VFF57]
DavefromHillsdale Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 50/Male/Michigan
I'm confused. When I click on the link, the video screen comes up and it just plays this 9 second promo and doesn't show anything else.

Duhhhhh....

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#117323 - 02/09/10 01:41 PM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: DavefromHillsdale]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Its working fine for me. Do you have silverlight installed? The video is using a new embeded video player and you can download it from their link on the xtra frame site.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#117329 - 02/09/10 02:06 PM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: sk8shorty01]
DavefromHillsdale Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 50/Male/Michigan
Yes, I had Silverlight installed. I went to lunch and came back and it seems to be working now. Maybe I just hopped on there too early...

It's snowing like the dickens here and it looks like League is gonna be cancelled tonight... I'm very sad.... frown

#117365 - 02/09/10 04:10 PM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: DavefromHillsdale]
flowmerc Offline
Junior

A/S/L: m/il
wow xtra frame is terrible..keeps on refreshing every 5 mins and is laggy as hell. i would never pay 65 a year for this

Edited by flowmerc (02/09/10 04:28 PM)
197(saturday)

Arsenal:
Storm Virtual Gravity (2000) polish
Storm Reign
Storm Hy-Road
Columbia White Dot

#117367 - 02/09/10 04:56 PM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: flowmerc]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Xtra frame should be free period.

It would drum up some sort of following for this dying sport instead of sucking the last bit of life from it.

#117389 - 02/09/10 07:34 PM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: CoachJim]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Installed the Silverlight and so far it works good.

Quote:
Xtra frame should be free period

I agree. If it was free it may attract more people to the sport. From what I see the archived ESPN stuff has commercials so can't some revenue be generated via sponsors?

-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#117934 - 02/13/10 03:50 PM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: VFF57]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

I watched PBA Xtra Frame this week and here are my thoughts on it.

1. I really think the guys doing the commentary do a great job and explain what is going on very well considering there is so much going on.

2. I like the camera angles better than what they have on ESPN. I must take back some of the stuff I have been saying about Scroggy, he was like a machine, and has a very nice swing and the ball is very close to his ankle and he is nowhere near as wobbly and off balance as he appears on ESPN with the horrible camera angles they have it makes lefties look unwatchable.

3. I love the way you can go on friends of the pba on Facebook and ask questions and hear the answers back right then and there. This is the wave of the future, fan participation. You want to know what ball someone is using and what drill pattern and what surface, they knew all of it. Barnes was throwing a wine U dot at various points this week, if you see him throwing a red/purple ball on TV Sunday, that's it.

As much as I enjoyed watching it I don't think it is worth $70 a year for it. It should be free, if it was TV ratings would pick up since people would get into watching during the week and want to tune in to see who wins. If they can get their Facebook page involved and answer questions during the show that would be a break through that other sports would have to copy.

#117971 - 02/13/10 07:34 PM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: CoachJim]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
I have to disagree with you on scroggy Jim. I saw him this week roll over 200 shot and he keep his balance maybe 35-40% of the time. As much as we dislike him everyone here wishes they could bowl exactly like him.
I agree with everything else
High series 810
Current ave. 213

#117983 - 02/13/10 09:04 PM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: spr3wr]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

Quote:
I have to disagree with you on scroggy Jim. I saw him this week roll over 200 shot and he keep his balance maybe 35-40% of the time. As much as we dislike him everyone here wishes they could bowl exactly like him.

Everyone here can bowl just like him, most of us take lessons so we don't laugh but seriously maybe I saw him in a good round, but the ball was tight to his ankle at the release on every shot even the ones he was off balance slightly. With the garbage camera angles they use on ESPN to me it looks like Scroggy is going to fall on his head every shot, and at no time did I see him make a shot that bad on Xtra frame where they shot him from behind.

#118002 - 02/14/10 12:49 AM Re: PBA x-tra frame is free next week [Re: CoachJim]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
It should be free. I can't see paying the money for that every month. I did like the Barnes/Mallot match. That was very good. I thought they followed Belmo around too much. I couldn't seem to catch PDW. If they showed him, I missed it. The PDW-Edwards match seemed to be very close. I liked having the PBA bowlers on as commentators. Very informative. I loved watching Fagan loft the gutter cap.

Scroggins rarely misses the pocket. He's like a left handed WRW Jr. But still, I think it's Barnes to lose. And he's done that before.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.