BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116649 - 02/04/10 12:22 PM First Video Rotated properly
Nitro1 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: United States
Ok here are the two video and they are properly rotated.
Please critique.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#116652 - 02/04/10 12:52 PM Re: First Video Rotated properly [Re: Nitro1]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Ok here we go, now we can see a little easier!

First thing I will say is that you are controlling the ball throughout the swing. The ball starts at almost head height in front of you, then you drop it into your swing and it barely makes it to waist height back there. I would suggest you start the ball a little lower, somewhere at about your belly button height. Next is to continue to work on your game and allowing that swing to free up. Right now you are slowing the ball down as it drops, and therefore you are not getting a true backswing height. Allow it to flow without you changing its direction and you will start to notice a lot more accuracy. At first you will feel out of control, but thats a good thing.

Next, watch your upper body. As soon as the ball gets into its drop your upper body falls forward. This is typically a sign of muscling the ball as well and trying to "catch" it as it falls. This could also be an indicator that your ball fitment is off, most likely the thumb hole being to large. Our minds reflex is to catch the ball as our balance arm lets go of it and it "falls" into place. Resist that urge to catch it.

One last thing. You want your footwork to look as if you are walking a balance beam. Right now your feet are seperated on each step (left to right) so it causes your body to bobble back and forth. Watch your head and you will notice a slight bob from left to right. You want to eliminate that so that your eyes can focus on your target and the target will be still as opposed to the target wandering all over the place.

For being 3 months into the game you are looking rather solid based on your own skill set. Keep working at it, you will get there.

I will post a video of myself so you can see some of the things I have mentioned and you can compare from your own game to mine. It might help you out and you might even begin to notice things in my game that are "sketchy". All of this will help you in the long run.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#116655 - 02/04/10 01:05 PM Re: First Video Rotated properly [Re: sk8shorty01]
Nitro1 Offline
Junior

I have actually found my thumb hole to be to tight i think. I have issues with my thumb sticking and having issue releasing. In order to prevent that i need a lot of easy slide. Do you recommend i just use the easy slide or make the hole bigger????

#116656 - 02/04/10 01:15 PM Re: First Video Rotated properly [Re: Nitro1]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
i recommend you stop squeezing wink

if you can get your thumb in without having to squeeze it in then you can get it out clean as well. I have an uncle who keeps saying his thumbhole is really snug while it is far from snug... Whenever he pulls his thumb out of the ball it never is straight, always bend a little

#116657 - 02/04/10 01:20 PM Re: First Video Rotated properly [Re: spectral]
Nitro1 Offline
Junior

OK. Well it does not squeeze in but it is snug on the way in. So i guess it is fine and i just need to get used to the feel. ONE thing. When it sticks it makes the loud popping noise and goes to the side immediately. The sideways swing could be my fault that i swung wrong. But is that ok. Does the pop noise mean anything to anyone.

#116660 - 02/04/10 01:35 PM Re: First Video Rotated properly [Re: Nitro1]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

it probably means your thumbhole was sucked vacuum by putting your thumb in.

i guess you don't have a vent hole or any tape applied in your thumbhole?

Like ron C says on his website, if you look into your thumbhole and you see nothing, then that's bad smile. He recommends at least 2 pieces of tape to allow airflow

#116663 - 02/04/10 01:52 PM Re: First Video Rotated properly [Re: spectral]
Nitro1 Offline
Junior

That is the first time I have heard that. I will get some tape tonight and try it.

#116676 - 02/04/10 02:56 PM Re: First Video Rotated properly [Re: Nitro1]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

well if your thumbhole fits kind off narrow now then there is no way you can add 2 pieces of tape and still get out of the ball.

i ussually have my thumbhole drilled a bit larger then needed and immediately add 2-3 pieces of tape

#116687 - 02/04/10 03:21 PM Re: First Video Rotated properly [Re: spectral]
Nitro1 Offline
Junior

Ya that was my plan to go to the Pro Shop and get it drilled larger and add the tape.
Do you just stack the tape on top of it self or do you just line the whole hole with tape???

#116688 - 02/04/10 03:21 PM Re: First Video Rotated properly [Re: spectral]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Nitro, you say the thumb hole feels tight. If you put just the thumb in where does it feel that it is rubbing?

If you cannot feel it rubbing too much then you either have to long of a span, to much forward pitch in the thumb, not enough bevel, or you are bending the thumb inside the hole.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Unimportant Wood Lane Advice
by 82Boat69 - 03/01/20 02:06 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 02/29/20 01:54 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.