BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1157 - 04/14/04 02:07 PM South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
flacoman Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 41/M/Ft lauderdale FL
Self explicatory , ended up finding a few older names and lanes in my other thread , so I thought this merited its own thread .
First : Me , Jorge Milian (Palm Springs then, Sawgrass now)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#1158 - 04/14/04 02:21 PM Re: South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
REVMASTER Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 33/male/Florida
Grew up & bowled at Palm Springs lanes in Hialeah & now bowl at Sawgrass in Sunrise . Danny Bilecki

#1159 - 04/14/04 03:36 PM Re: South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
usr bin geek Offline

A/S/L: 37/m/Burlington, VT
I grew up in Hollywood and used to bowl at the center on State Road 7 and Hollywood Blvd. I think it was named Cloverleaf? When Davie Bowl opened I started bowling there.

I bet the centers in Broward County have changed a lot over the years. Please tell me about them. Which has the best conditions, staff? Whos the best driller and has a good Pro Shop?
Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#1160 - 04/14/04 03:55 PM Re: South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
REVMASTER Offline
League Bowler

USR bin Geek,

The bowling alley you are refering to is was called West Hollywood Lanes. It is no longer in business. It went out of business around 2 yrs ago or so. I bowled there myself on many leagues in the early 90's. The Center that I bowl at in Sunrise is called Sawgrass Lanes. They put a really nice shot out there. The best shot is tight inside. The other bowling Alley I bowl at is in Pembroke Pines owned by AMF. That shot is usually bone dry. I bowl there to be with the family. Sawgrass is a much better house. I get my equipment drilled at Sawgrass also. A guy by the name of Tony LaVance drills my stuff. He is a PBA member & very helpful and friendly. Actually Cloverleaf I believe is on State Road 7 also but it is still in business. How are the lanes up there? How long ago did you leave South Florida?

#1161 - 04/14/04 04:12 PM Re: South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
usr bin geek Offline

At most centers in Vermont they're abysmal. At my center we strip and oil the lanes before each league and put out a consistent shot thats at least scorable.

I left SoFl in 1995 to get into this business but I frequently go back down for a visit. I been to Sawgrass once since moving. Actually I took the picture of Jeff on this page there. I never have time to do any bowling while I've been down there though. frown
Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#1162 - 04/16/04 11:58 AM Re: South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
REVMASTER Offline
League Bowler

usr bin geek,

When was the last time you were down here? How come you had to go to Vermont to start this business? You could not do it from down here? Do you bowl at just one house there or more than one? How many lanes do the houses have up there?

Later,

Danny

#1163 - 04/16/04 01:22 PM Re: South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
usr bin geek Offline

Last time I was down was in July and August. I'm hoping to get away to go back down next month or in June. When I lived in Florida I always vacationed in Vermont and my family and I thought it would be nice to move here. Then we found this center for sale, bought it, and made the move.

Most centers in the state are 6-16 lanes. The largest is 32 lanes. Mine is 12 -- we like to say we're the biggest little center wink
Founder

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#1164 - 04/16/04 02:16 PM Re: South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
REVMASTER Offline
League Bowler

Steve,

Good for you, That is a great opportunity for anybody. You must love owning your own center. Seems like the Houses are small up there. Most of the ones down here are at least 32 lanes. How many lanes does your Center have? Maybe someday I can take a vacation in Vermont and check it out.

Danny

#1165 - 04/16/04 09:43 PM Re: South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
usr bin geek Offline

Yeah most are on the small side thats for sure. As I said, mine is 12.
Founder

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#1166 - 04/20/04 08:53 AM Re: South Florida Bowlers Roll Call
REVMASTER Offline
League Bowler

Size is not important, Putting out a playable shot is the most important. Do you have many men's leagues at your center?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/21/18 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.