BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113723 - 01/14/10 04:42 PM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: cgeorg]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: cgeorg
trekguy: On behalf of all of the other teams, I'd like to thank you for saving your good game for last.

+1.

Nice recovery to get things on track before the night was over Trek.
HS:763

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#113751 - 01/14/10 06:16 PM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
Yep, that's been the story of this season so far. Up and down. I knew it would be when I made the decision to overhaul my entire game, but it's still tough to be patient. I'm about 20 pins under average right now because I've been relearning something that has been automatic for a loooong time. I have managed to get what I wanted... more ball speed and more revs, with the added bonus of no more thumb problems or shoulder issues! But, the consistency is not there yet, and that's a bit frustrating. I will try to have the good games(s) earlier next week. wink
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#113865 - 01/15/10 09:37 AM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: trekguy]
rebarb Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 45/M/Redlands Ca
Ok guys I've put this off long enough. Didn't do so well on Tuesday. First game I was spraying the ball all over the lane and my release was all over the map(143). Second game told myself to just settle down and bowl but still strugled(175). Third realy didn't bowl as good as the score as I got some good breaks(214). Over all not a good night. Good part is I know what I need to work on in practice this Saturday....free swing and stay behind/under the ball.

Recap for 1-12-10
(143/175/214)- 532

Ron

#113905 - 01/15/10 02:54 PM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: rebarb]
rebarb Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 45/M/Redlands Ca
Almost forgot to mention the silver lining...as a team we managed to win 3 out of 4 points against the second place team. That equals about $75 in point $$.

Ron

#113915 - 01/15/10 04:26 PM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: rebarb]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

Originally Posted By: rebarb
Ok guys I've put this off long enough. Didn't do so well on Tuesday. First game I was spraying the ball all over the lane and my release was all over the map(143). Second game told myself to just settle down and bowl but still strugled(175). Third realy didn't bowl as good as the score as I got some good breaks(214). Over all not a good night. Good part is I know what I need to work on in practice this Saturday....free swing and stay behind/under the ball.

Recap for 1-12-10
(143/175/214)- 532

Ron

If you're out bowling with your friends, it's a good night. That's what I tell myself anyway... even after a 138 in my mixed league last time. wink

"Free swing and stay behind the ball" is my mantra too. When you REALLY need that strike, the "free swing" part of it is tough!!
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#114140 - 01/17/10 11:54 AM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: trekguy]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I have to take an absent this week. I had to watch the munchkins this week and I won't be able to get out and bowl any. I'll send a note to CG.

#114164 - 01/17/10 05:58 PM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: General Pounder]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
We'll miss your high scores, GP!

Averaged 166 with my wife in open bowling this morning, Hope I do better on Tuesday, when I bowl for the virtual league!
"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#114198 - 01/17/10 11:25 PM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: 10PinGaloot]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Thanks SpareMe. I was trying to get out to practice today but it didn't happen. I have off tomorrow but I have work planned all around the house tomorrow so I won't have the time to go out and get a few games in. Plus, it looks like my daughter is going to be off tomorrow with me (allergic reaction to her 5 year shots). She likes to bowl but is done after about a game and a half.

#114525 - 01/20/10 12:37 AM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: rebarb]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Bowled my average today for week 3. The first two games were all strikes and opens. The third game was 216, with 6 strikes.

After the virtual league games I sank into a quagmire and averaged about 150.

My coaching session hasn't raised my average, but it has made the game considerably less work/exercise and no less fun.

I was throwing a high rev high axis rotation with the big hooking ball alternately with a low rev, low axis rotation with the modestly hooking ball. Two different lines, in order to simulate two lanes. That part of it worked fine. I can go back and forth between the two balls and shots. What gets me is adjusting. I think I just get bored easily....

Meanwhile, there was a guy 3 lanes over . The only sound you'd hear from his lane was the sound of pins crashing. He laid it down smoothly, with the same high rev high rotation shot I was using, and struck most of the time, leaving 10 pins the rest of the time. I probably wouldn't enjoy that. Too much repetition....

"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#114643 - 01/20/10 11:32 PM Re: Team 9 Man Cave [Re: 10PinGaloot]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

Sigh... up and down yet again.... 213, 169, 154. Forcing the ball again. Managed to get a few strikes and leave easy spares the first game, but it didn't feel right... then when into full force mode for the middle two games. Yank, yank, yank... on the nose... splits.... then I would really try to relax the swing and proceeded to relax everything too much, and sailed it right past the headpin. Throw in a couple of frustration spare misses... and two very poor games is the result. By the time the fourth game started, I was down... discouraged. I physically am able to do the shot I want, but it seems that I can't get my brain to wrap itself around the idea that less is more. I basically gave up, and of course, the shot just appeared again, smooth, relaxed, powerfull roll... 238 the last game. Go figure.
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager, Richie V. 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
I'll try again
by BOSStull - 51 minutes 26 seconds ago
what will become of AMF
by BOSStull - Today at 09:41 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 06/17/18 06:08 AM
For the good of the sport?
by BOSStull - 06/16/18 06:39 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 05/27/18 05:03 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.