BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#109712 - 12/11/09 07:14 AM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: BIGHMW]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
If only bowling generated that kind of interest. It's hard to imagine a bowling event that fans would be willing to pay to watch on Pay-Per-View.

Maybe if before each match under the current format, they had an announcer say something like, "I-i-i-i-t's time! Let's get ready to roll-a-ball! In this corner, standing 6 foot 3, weighing in at 250 pounds, the B-i-i-i-i-i-g Nasty, Wes Mah-l-o-o-o-o-o-t. followed by thunderous applause. Then, each bowler would have a mike and 5 minutes to trash talk their opponent...

Just kidding! That would be the end of my being a PBA fan.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#109716 - 12/11/09 09:23 AM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: Joe Bowler]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
And on the other lane, it's 5'6, 155# Stormin Norman Dooooooook.

Funny, really funny.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#109718 - 12/11/09 10:12 AM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: Dennis Michael]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
And on the other lane, it's 5'6, 155# Stormin Norman Dooooooook.

Funny, really funny.

I always thought Norm Duke was 5'5" and a buck-and-a-quarter soakin' wet, at least he was that when they used to put the vital stats (HT/WT/Age) up on the old ABC telecasts, but ohh what a ball he throws!!! Go DUUUUUUUKE! Go Storm!

Anyhow, since we're having fun with this, we could also have the iconic Jim Fagan (from the old days of the NBA on NBC) be the voiceover, Mike Breen (anyone but Rob Stone)(from NBA on ESPN/ABC, his trademark is "BANG!", usually for 3-point shots in the NBA, but for here it would be every time someone throws it dead-flush-perfect) and Jesse "The Body" Ventura be the play-by-play announcers, and Michael Buffer be the lane announcer:

"Ladies And Gentlemen...... LLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET RRREADY TO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!!!!

Oh, and we mustn't forget, we should also have both my hero/role model Cindy Margolis and also Erin Andrews be sideLANE (not sidelines) reporters. Cindy and Erin could also square off in a no-holds-barred catfight on this PPV as well.

As for our ladies match, it should be a now-hot-looking Shannon Puhlhowsky (mods: spelling) vs. an equally-as-hot (but on the lanes) CDB herself.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#109725 - 12/11/09 11:26 AM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: BIGHMW]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
I'm sure this would stimulate interest, in person or on TV. Naked Bowling.

http://flavorwire.com/30893/photo-gallery-trapeze-acts-and-naked-bowling-at-city-chase-nyc
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#109742 - 12/11/09 02:47 PM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: Joe Bowler]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
I haven't watched wrestling in years, but I remember the Battle Royals. I think it was the "Undertaker" who tended to be the odds-on favorite. Still, they were not team events, they were more of a survival of the fittest competition.

I remember ...way..way ..back, the days of [censored] the Bruiser, BoBo Brazil, The Shiek, Leapin Larry Chene, Lord Layton. Now that was entertainment. I just realized,..I'm kinda old.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#109750 - 12/11/09 04:33 PM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: Tim Gerard]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
I guess I am old, too. I remember Bobo and the Shiek. Also, there was George "The Animal" Steele who used to eat the foam inside the turnbuckles. And, "Classy" Freddy Blassy who filed his teeth before a match. Then, there were tag team partners Professor Toru Tanaka and Mr. Fuji, who were karate chopping opponents years before Bruce Lee made his first movie.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#109814 - 12/12/09 10:19 AM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: Joe Bowler]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
i think the issue with all of it is the general public doesn't understand the game/sport. not so much the concept, but what it takes to PLAY the game, and play well.

to me it's sort of like billiards [which i also enjoy watching/playing], to watch masters of each of these games, it looks simple, almost effortless, but unless you personally know what it takes to achieve these levels, it probably seems boring.

so what do you do to change public perception?

working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#112103 - 01/03/10 06:04 PM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: Joe Bowler]
RDubYa Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Florida
The "tour sponsors" that we really need are the bowling proprietors association of america (BPAA) and the USBC. If each of these organizations supported the tour by kicking in some money to raise the prize funds, the rest of the world would jump on board.

When people watch bowling on TV and see that the top prize is $25,000 or $50,000 for a major, they don't believe that bowling is really a sport and neither do the corporate world sponsors.

Bowling needs the PBA tour and we need to showcase pros who can make enough money to earn a living after expenses.

#112268 - 01/04/10 11:09 PM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: BIGHMW]
Kilgore Trout Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: San Diego
Screw ESPN! Make a major investment in production, servers & service and stream the matches, commercials and all, live over the internet in HD. I'll watch them on my 65" LCD HDTV. And no, I'm not talking about Xtra FRAME.

#114093 - 01/16/10 10:24 PM Re: Anyone wanna sponsor the Tour this year? [Re: Kilgore Trout]
JHoney Offline
Junior

A/S/L: Earth
If South Korean cellphone companies can turn Starcraft into a national spectator sport, we can boost bowling as well...

Think positive smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.