BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111475 - 12/28/09 09:14 PM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: RDubYa]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Quote:
I am Left Handed and they are LH shoes.

You have a world of options at very good prices since you are left handed. Many places blow out their left handed last year's model shoes. Do some surfing. But beware that the Etonics run narrow and short. Dexters run true to size. Another thing to keep in mind is that the replacement soles and such for brands like Etonic and Dexter are going to be around for a while. Any discontinued brands, you'll probably have trouble finding replacement soles and heels for in the near future if not now.

Erin

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#111508 - 12/29/09 07:35 AM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: Redhawk]
Return of the Train Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 31/M/Chesterfield, MI
If anything, Dexters usually run a little larger than what they usually are compared to regular shoes. I'm going to try a pair of Etonics and I've heard the stories of those being be bit tacky. But since I plant off the wrong foot anyway, It shouldn't bother me much at all.

That being said, I miss my red SST5s. Which were unfortunately stolen along with my Revmaster, Buzzaw Carbide Pearl and Icon 2 about five years ago.

Ebonite Big Time (twice over)
Ebonite Over Time
Brunswick Zone Classic
Track Sheer Havoc
Storm Pro Stock Pearl
Brunswick Danger Zone HPD
Ebonite Cross Fire
White Dot

Coming soon, Storm Virtual Energy and Storm Hy-Road

#111519 - 12/29/09 10:02 AM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: Return of the Train]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I don't think it's some much that Etonics are tacky, as they usually have a tall heel. I had a pair, still do just don't use them, as my first pair of foot specific shoes. The issue was the heel. At the house I normally bowled at no problem with the wood approaches. At another center with synthetics I had no problem but a third center had really tacky approaches and even with a slide sock I would stop quick due to the heel. I wasn't the only one, others with cheaper shoes and shoes with a lower heel had the same problem. That's when I stepped up to interchangeable.
HS:763

#111985 - 01/02/10 07:42 AM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: Atochabsh]
franz Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 25/male/united states
Originally Posted By: Atochabsh
Quote:
I am Left Handed and they are LH shoes.

You have a world of options at very good prices since you are left handed. Many places blow out their left handed last year's model shoes. Do some surfing. But beware that the Etonics run narrow and short. Dexters run true to size. Another thing to keep in mind is that the replacement soles and such for brands like Etonic and Dexter are going to be around for a while. Any discontinued brands, you'll probably have trouble finding replacement soles and heels for in the near future if not now.

Erin

What Bowling shoes do you use? I use Dexter SST Entry shoes and they work fine and are comfortable. Got them about 5 years ago for about $45. Now they can be had for clearance for about $40 but would like to try a different shoe. I know my shoes are high quality but I want something different. I know bowlingball.com has the Circle Elite shoes in Left Handed sizes for $20. It looks like a nice shoe with microfiber uppers.

My current Dexter Shoes are made with Microfiber but I was possibly wanting shoes made with Leather. I have looked at Dexter's, Linds and Etonic. I like the look of the Etonic Flame shoes which I believe are made with leather. There are ones with Blue Flames and Red Flames. The Etonic shoes look nice but still cost at least $60 I think.

I was looking to see if I could get a nice pair of bowling shoes for about $40-50. Ones that are made for a Left Handed Bowler that are performance shoes and not cheaper shoes with universal soles.

#112001 - 01/02/10 12:29 PM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: franz]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
The upper end Dexters SSTs are leather (uppers). I'm not sure how available replacement soles are for Circle brand shoes.

Erin

#112740 - 01/08/10 07:06 AM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: Atochabsh]
franz Offline
League Bowler

Has anyone used the Etonic Flame shoes? I'm not talking about cheaper ones. I'm talking about the ESS Flame shoes. They have red ones and then blues ones with interchangeable soles. They seem to retail for about $100 but some places have them cheaper. Both the red and blue Flame shoes look nice. Has anyone had an experience with them? Like were they true to size? or I don't know but they look nice.

#113044 - 01/10/10 01:56 PM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: franz]
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
can you use etonic replacement soles on dexter or brunswick shoes and vise versa?
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#113092 - 01/10/10 10:05 PM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: evilash71]
franz Offline
League Bowler

Originally Posted By: evilash71
can you use etonic replacement soles on dexter or brunswick shoes and vise versa?

I was wondering about the soles on the different shoes. Is there a big difference in leather slides soles vs. the microfiber ones. I know my Dexter SST Entry shoes have a buckskin slide sole. The Etonic Flame shoes I was looking at have a microfiber slide sole. Will the leather or buckskin slide sole be any more durable than the microfiber ones used on the Etonic Shoes.

My Dexter shoes have lasted me for at least 5 years. I was wondering if there would be a big difference between dexter shoes with a leather slide sole and the etonic shoes with a microfiber slide sole?

#113096 - 01/10/10 10:11 PM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: franz]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
They both use Velcro and should fit each other with no problems, if you buy new ones. As for old ones, there might be a shape difference but I'm not sure.

#113116 - 01/11/10 12:59 AM Re: Bowling Shoe Recommendations [Re: beefers1]
franz Offline
League Bowler

Is there a big difference between the leather sliding soles found on Dexter shoes vs. the microfiber ones found on the Etonic shoes? I have been using a pair of Dexter SST Entry shoes for about 5 years and they still work fine. The shoe has a buckskin slide sole and it has held up just fine.

I was thinking of getting a pair of Etonic Flame shoes that have a microfiber slide sole. I was wondering if the microfiber slide sole would be less durable than the leather slide soles found on the Dexter shoes?

Edited by franz (01/11/10 01:00 AM)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.