BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112289 - 01/05/10 12:58 AM New Member with Footage
KoukiGS Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 22/M/CT
Hey what's going on everyone? I just found the site and was happy to finally find bowling message boards with more than a hundred people on it. I bowl on 2 leagues. I'm currently averaging 228.92 and 216. I have changed my game alot this year.

Last 2 Seasons
-Very Speed Dominated
-16lb Ball
-High Revolutions
-Very Poor Off Balence Form.

This Year
-Slowed down quite a bit
-15lb balls now
-Backed off on the revolutions
-Better form but still not "perfect"

Anyway, I have some footage of me bowling on my youtube account. I figured that I would share it. Here are the links:
289 Game with my Full Swing

Shots with my Power Swing

Shots with my Full Swing

Shots with my Momentum Swing

Older Videos from Last couple of Years

Since these videos, I've bought SST-8s which I believe have helped me out a bit.
Let me know what you guys think.
League Secretary
Avg-229 (Thur), 219 (Fri)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#112296 - 01/05/10 02:09 AM Re: New Member with Footage [Re: KoukiGS]
RDubYa Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Florida
It is really hard to check out your game with only back view videos. If you can, you should try and get side views and a front view.

Obviously, if you're averaging 228 and 216, even on a house pattern, that is very good.

Based on your current level of play, I think you should be considering adding to your "bowling toolbox" by mastering different speeds, different amounts of loft and different releases. Do you bowl on any sport or PBA patterns? How are you at bowling on different parts of the lane?

Your videos didn't show being speed dominant in my opinion and you finished balanced in most of the shots. Your notes say that you have improved in these areas and I agree that matching speed to revs and maintaining balance are key issues to advancing your game.

Send us some more videos and you can get more detailed feedback.

Welcome to the Community.

#112298 - 01/05/10 02:18 AM Re: New Member with Footage [Re: RDubYa]
KoukiGS Offline
League Bowler

I can bowl straighter up the boards if need be. I can drop/add revs without any issues as well as speed. When playing straighter up the boards, I tend to change thumb position from around 5 to 6 o clock and feel comfortable with that release. In this particular house, playing that type of shot has always been a key to high scoring for me. I have some experience on different than house patterns but not much. Bowled on Cheetah before and shot 196, 228, 235.

I might also add the first 3 weeks of the 216 league I was bowling with a wrist injury and only averaged 182 for those weeks. Sans those 3 weeks, and I'm averaging 220+ in that league too.

I'll have to invest in a tripod or something to get different shots. These shots are basically recorded with the camera sitting on the table while I go bowl. I'll see what I can do and I will update this thread with more when the time comes.
League Secretary

#112310 - 01/05/10 06:10 AM Re: New Member with Footage [Re: KoukiGS]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I would suggest a practice partner, but that would mean socializing with other people and I know how most bowlers feel about that.

#112454 - 01/06/10 01:48 AM Re: New Member with Footage [Re: CoachJim]
KoukiGS Offline
League Bowler

I bowl with a friend and co-worker who averages 225-235 every where he goes. We do our friday league together and practice sometimes. He's a lefty. Unfortuantely, he is one of those guys that unless he sees something really out of whack form wise or ball wise (we both own the same columbia equipment) he won't say anything. Everyone else that I bowl with practice-wise, I'm more or less the teacher, so it's hard for them to pick out something unless it's something we have touched upon. I have no problem talking to other bowlers as I'm very much a humbled person when it comes to bowling. I will definately try to get some more shots of me bowling now that I've got all the equipment I've wanted.
League Secretary

#112466 - 01/06/10 07:01 AM Re: New Member with Footage [Re: KoukiGS]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I meant to hold the camera and work on stuff together. If you are practicing without working on things and having another set of eyes to help you figure out if you are actually doing what you think you are, then you aren't getting the most out of your practice time.

#112480 - 01/06/10 09:39 AM Re: New Member with Footage [Re: CoachJim]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I agree with CoachJim. Make sure your practice sessions have a purpose. If they are just to go out there and throw some shots and not really focus on working on a particular part of you game its ok, I just wouldn't call that practice.

No slight at you either, just giving you some advice as having that extra set of eyes can really help out, especially once you hit that 215-220 plateau most bowlers experience.

I will also suggest in your videos when you get a tripod, the shot should include your entire body, head to toe from start to finish. The reaction of the ball isn't as important as your body is, so that should be the primary focus of the shot.

I will say in your videos right now, and this is without seeing the entire body, it looks to me like you are really controlling your swing at the top of the backswing. It looks like to me in order to slow down you have cut your backswing off instead of lowering the ball or slowing your tempo with your feet. I am not positive because I cant see the shoulders in most of the shots but it looks like the ball is being stopped and pulled down as opposed to floating to the top and then starting its descent.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers)
by champ - 07/22/19 05:30 PM
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - 07/21/19 07:26 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.