BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112229 - 01/04/10 07:12 PM Which shift?
MNsportsfan Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 38/M/Omaha NE
My first big scratch tourney is coming up this weekend. I posted awhile ago if I should enter or not with a 203 average this year on two leagues and alot of you had given advice, thanks! My final question is, which shift do I bowl on? 9-1-or 5. I had initally signed up at 5, but I don't think the lanes are going to be conditioned after the middle shift. So I switched to to the 1 oclock shift. Thoughts?

Roto Grip Critical Theory
Rogue Cell
Hammer Psycho
Mutant Cell Pearl

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#112231 - 01/04/10 07:31 PM Re: Which shift? [Re: MNsportsfan]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Four hours between squads? They could possibly re-oil between them depending on the amount of lanes used and amount of bowlers per a pair. If they don't re-oil, then the middle squad is probably a good one. The lanes hopefully won't be completely fried like the last squad, and they could flood the first squad to try to allow for the three squads. Plus you could get there early and see how the lanes are playing for the first squad and try to formulate a game plan, this can be whether they re-oil them or not.

HS:763

#112233 - 01/04/10 08:13 PM Re: Which shift? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
MNsportsfan Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 38/M/Omaha NE
It's a 6 game set. I know in other tourneys similar to this in the local area, they don't condition between the last two sets....

Roto Grip Critical Theory
Rogue Cell
Hammer Psycho
Mutant Cell Pearl

#112236 - 01/04/10 08:27 PM Re: Which shift? [Re: MNsportsfan]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
If it's 6 games a squad, I don't see them being able to oil between any of the squads. It was definitely a smart move to move away from the 5 pm squad. Good luck.
HS:763

#112252 - 01/04/10 10:12 PM Re: Which shift? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Depends on the re-oil. If they oil before each squad, then doesn't matter. If you have games rolled on your oil before you get there, then I say as early as possible.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.