BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111798 - 12/31/09 01:09 PM favorite bowler style
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
I was just wondering which bowler you like most on the PBA.

careerwise: Walter Ray Williams

I love how he's been around all these years and still winning a lot of events now, i also like the way he can score that well without having a huge amount of revs (i don't have a lot of revs myself so that's probably why). I don't really like his style tho with the hop in the end.

stylewise:
I like Wes Malott, because he doesn't have that huge backswing (neither do I).

But most of all i like Bill O'Neill's style. I like how fluent his approach is and generally i like stroker's/tweener's styles more than cranker's.

Bill O'Neill's style has it all as far as i am concerned, i would really like him to start winning some events.

P.S. Anyone know the rev rate on Bill O'Neill?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#111800 - 12/31/09 01:15 PM Re: favorite bowler style [Re: spectral]
LostinSpace Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: m/Bay Area, California
PDW

#111802 - 12/31/09 01:21 PM Re: favorite bowler style [Re: LostinSpace]
lewtrek Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Chicago
fagan!

#111803 - 12/31/09 01:22 PM Re: favorite bowler style [Re: lewtrek]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
I would consider myself a right handed Mike Scroggins.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#111815 - 12/31/09 02:22 PM Re: favorite bowler style [Re: Dennis Michael]
desertdog71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
Scroggy has the loosest swing I have ever seen and the guy is a machine, I used to bowl with him in Amarillo, TX. I bowled with Wes Malott also back then, but he has really improved his game since then.

Style wise I like Voss. I doubt I could ever model my game after his, but I always enjoyed watching him bowl.

#111820 - 12/31/09 02:32 PM Re: favorite bowler style [Re: desertdog71]
RDubYa Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Florida
I agree that O'Neill has an awesome style along with the power to match.

I am a right hander, but I think Parker Bohn probably has one of the best styles in bowling.

#111826 - 12/31/09 04:43 PM Re: favorite bowler style [Re: RDubYa]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
Style-wise, my favorite is probably Wes Malott.

Above anyone else, the one person I would like to see make the show every week is probably Bill O'Neill.

#111837 - 12/31/09 05:55 PM Re: favorite bowler style [Re: Jay R.]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Come now. You can't leave out Maximum Bob. That's just unfair. Robert Smith's a beast when he's healthy. Hopefully, he'll get much better and make more shows soon.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#111843 - 12/31/09 06:48 PM Re: favorite bowler style [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Quote from my 20 QUESTIONS on my official website, BIGHMW.com:

8. Q: Future plans after the music business is all said and done?

A: Well, at one time I wanted to become a professional bowler (PBA member), and maybe become a PBA Tour champion like my bowling idol, multi-time champion, 1988 PBA Player Of The Year and PBA Hall Of Famer (inducted in 1994), Brian Voss. When I first met my common-law wife, Alice Yantz at the now-defunct Key City Lanes back in 1989, she was bowling in a mixed league, and I had been a long-time viewer of the legendary ABC Sports’ Professional Bowlers Tour series with Chris Schenkel and Nelson (Bo) Burton, Jr., since the mid-1970s. My grandmother, at my insistence, got me my first ball back then in 1989, an Ebonite Thunderbolt, and I have been a huge student of the sport since, and in all of the years that I have watched those shows, back then on ABC, and now on ESPN, I still can’t find another bowler with a better, more classic form, solid release, mental toughness, and, the physical strength to overpower a tough lane condition (if necessary) than that of Brian Voss. I admit, right now I kind of throw the ball more like PBA and USBC Hall Of Famer, Ernie Schlegel, the old “high, hard heat with not much meat”, just not quite as accurate yet, but I am also currently in the process of learning more about the newer, more powerful bowling balls, the latest equipment, speed control, hand action, and how to hook the ball more so I can become a more versatile player so I can play different shots on different lane conditions, no matter what the oil pattern or lane surface is. Plus, Voss also cross-trains by weightlifting and running, which is so important for the week-in-and-week-out grind of the PBA Tour. It’s just like Nelson Burton, Jr. once said a few years back, “…how many miles can YOU walk with 16 pounds in your hand???”

(c)2005 HEAVY METAL WARRIOR, LTD.

You can see all of the current version of 20 QUESTIONS at http://www.bighmw.com/20questions.html

You can obviously tell that I dig Brian Voss and his flawless and classic form and style and have for over 20 years, in fact watching him on ABC over all those years got me into the great sport we are all a part of.

Hey, were you expecting me to answer Cindy Margolis?
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#111853 - 12/31/09 09:33 PM Re: favorite bowler style [Re: BIGHMW]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Originally Posted By: BIGHMW
Brian Voss and his flawless and classic form and style...
Amen, brother! I would have to add lefties Parker Bohn III and Earl Anthony.
"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.