BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 190 of 315 < 1 2 ... 188 189 190 191 192 ... 314 315 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110714 - 12/19/09 10:27 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Upriser]
flowmerc Offline
Junior

A/S/L: m/il
average saturday night for me. 194,188,204 584 series. coulda been better. missed quite a few single pin spares. terrible. started a 2 games off with 4 in a row then downhill from there. o well
197(saturday)

Arsenal:
Storm Virtual Gravity (2000) polish
Storm Reign
Storm Hy-Road
Columbia White Dot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#110804 - 12/20/09 10:39 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: flowmerc]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Rolled the equivalent of 4 games this morning. Again, just focusing on my first ball armswing. Had some success, because I felt more comfortable keeping my hand straight and under the ball. Hope it's coming back. Exactly 800 for 4 games.

I would have bowled more, but for some reason, the desk guy screwed me up. We normally have 8 or so bowlers meet on Sunday. Each takes a lane or two next to each other, and we all are there for practice. If one has trouble, he asks the others and we all help each other.

Well, Hank had to leave early. He was bowling right in the middle of us. The next group in the bowling alley was a family with a Sunday Special coupon to bowl for an hour, with a bunch of kids. And, they put them on Hank's lane. This really disturbed the rest of us. One of our bowlers actually came over to try and teach them some bowling etiquette. But, unsuccessfully. As a result, 2 others and I left early and expressed our objection to the kid at the desk. Heck, there were 20 other open lanes. Why put this group right in the middle of those trying to learn something?
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#110807 - 12/20/09 10:54 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: Dennis Michael]
MikeHL Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/da U.P. of Michigan, eh
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
Why put this group right in the middle of those trying to learn something?

Because the kid at the desk doesn't give a [email protected] frown

Speaking of [email protected] 144-192-122 = 458.

First time ever spot bowling. Candlepin players don't spot bowl. Single-pin accuracy was the same for me as usual, but I find multi-pin spares play differently for me this way.

I couldn't get a handle on that way, unfortunately. Missed plenty of multi-pin spares in my 6 games of practice this morning. Then I start my league tonight w/5 consecutive opens. All of them were multi-pin leaves I would normally be able to make. I got it together after my 38 front half, but the damage had already been done.

Game 2 was clean except for a 6-pin miss where I lined up for the 3 instead of the 6. Didn't notice it until the shot tracked right over the 3-pin spot. brickwall

Had 4 splits in Game 3, including 3 of them in 4 frames toward the end. It's always nice to wrap up the night w/5 opens in 6 frames. The really ugly part about that was that we only lost the game by 14 and totals by 12 in spite of my pathetic performance, so I basically single-handedly prevented us from sweeping tonight. eek

I have a ton to learn. Rolling a shot without staring at my object pin throughout the shot feels very strange.
-- Mika Koivuniemi

#110917 - 12/21/09 07:33 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: MikeHL]
shepdave Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 56/m/Vienna, VA
Well, I haven't had any scores I would post to this thread--until today.

My wife and I, dying of cabin fever in the Great Holiday Snowstorm of 2009, ventured out to the Bowl America in Fairfax for some open bowling.

I always disregard the first "game" I bowl in these open sessions, because they always have a practice quality about them. But the rest of my games today were 158, 171, 205, and 123.

It was a thrill to be in frame 10 of that next-to-last game, look over at my wife, and hear her say, "I'm not saying a word!" First time I've topped 200 in my life. No open frames, except for the last two balls in frame 10, which looked like X, 9, 3.

So, yeah, I now know what it's like to bowl a 205. That last game was one of 8- and 9-pin frames, with only two spares and one strike. But I'll take that outing any day of the week.
T-Zone 15#

#110919 - 12/21/09 08:23 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: shepdave]
MikeHL Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/da U.P. of Michigan, eh
Well done! I'm pretty much at the same stage -- tossed a few 200s in practice from time to time, but none sanctioned yet. They'll become more frequent for you pretty soon. smile
-- Mika Koivuniemi

#110920 - 12/21/09 09:31 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: MikeHL]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
X 9 3? Did you have a 13-pin deck in the 11th?

#110925 - 12/21/09 10:53 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: beefers1]
shepdave Offline
League Bowler

Originally Posted By: beefers1
X 9 3? Did you have a 13-pin deck in the 11th?

Whoops. Duh. X 9 - . I don't know what I was reading or thinking when I typed that. Missed the single-pin spare (which I'm sure must have been the dreaded 10-pin) in the 10th frame.
T-Zone 15#

#110931 - 12/21/09 11:27 PM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: shepdave]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
Ugh... I'm normally a pretty good 7-pin shooter (left-handed) but I've been missing a lot lately... someone noticed that I was suitcasing the ball so I'll try to work on that.

#110938 - 12/22/09 05:34 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: beefers1]
shepdave Offline
League Bowler

I've been guttering the ball, late on the lane, on about half of my 10-pin leaves (right-handed) the last couple weeks. It drives me crazy. Something in the way my shoulders are squared or something. I always go outside of my target on those.
T-Zone 15#

#110947 - 12/22/09 08:28 AM Re: What'd You bowl today? [Re: shepdave]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
shepdave, when you shoot at the ten, draw a mental line from the pin to where you stand, suggest far left. See where that line crosses the foul line. That is where you should slide. Check where your foot slides.

Walk on that line which is an angle, not straight up the floor boards. This keeps your shoulders square to your target. The most common problem is to walk straight with the boards, then your upper torso has to turn toward the 10 pin, and you roll it into the gutter.

Also, rolling a straight ball helps too. Either get a spare ball, or learn to roll yours straight, with a flat hand.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

Page 190 of 315 < 1 2 ... 188 189 190 191 192 ... 314 315 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 10/18/18 04:06 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.