BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110874 - 12/21/09 01:44 PM need help in my bowling!
gallardoz Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: male
i need some help in bowling. first, where do i need to improve and how do i improve? second. it seems that when i bowl, my ball will go diagonal instead of going striaght, where did i went wrong?? help thanks. my bowling video link is below.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#110887 - 12/21/09 02:41 PM Re: need help in my bowling! [Re: gallardoz]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Just a welcome to get this back to the top.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#110901 - 12/21/09 04:12 PM Re: need help in my bowling! [Re: Dennis Michael]
JackZ Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 59/M/Cleveland, Ohio
It's hard to tell with just the one vid, but it looks like you're forcing the ball into a swing in your 3rd step and then pulling it forward. Try pushing the ball striaght out with the 2nd step and let it swing (don't help it) and see what happens.

Try doing a video from the side too. Both vids together will give more info about your approach.

Better swing, more accuracy, and more spares.
A 200 avg. before summer.

#110915 - 12/21/09 07:10 PM Re: need help in my bowling! [Re: JackZ]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
1st practice your balance

after you have balance then practice your pushaway and timing

High series 810
Current ave. 213

#110921 - 12/21/09 09:45 PM Re: need help in my bowling! [Re: spr3wr]
Fpurhe Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 20/M
three words: get a coach or three more words:ask your coach

we cant really help you substantially via internet

I really think you should get a coach

remember a good coach is invaluable

#110952 - 12/22/09 10:24 AM Re: need help in my bowling! [Re: Fpurhe]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: NNBOWLING
we cant really help you substantially via internet

I gotta disagree with this. With a good video from behind and the ball side showing the whole approach from head to toe someone with a good eye can catch the bad mechanics and give advice on how to fix it. Some posters have improved significantly when they have posted a good video to work off of. Of course it takes plenty of practice and repetition to get it right.

Originally Posted By: NNBOWLING
I really think you should get a coach

remember a good coach is invaluable

I do agree with this, on hand coaching is much better but if you can't afford a coach or can't find a good one around your area this site is the next best thing.
HS:763

#110957 - 12/22/09 11:26 AM Re: need help in my bowling! [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Your approach looks really good except that you're starting the push-away one step too late, forcing you to shorten your back-swing. A side view is necessary to check the line-up of chin, foot, shoulder at the line.
"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#110965 - 12/22/09 01:56 PM Re: need help in my bowling! [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
ijohn83 Offline
4x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 54/male/Palmdale, California U...
Originally Posted By: Calvin Pistorio
Some posters have improved significantly when they have posted a good video to work off of. Of course it takes plenty of practice and repetition to get it right.

Amen

~ John

#110969 - 12/22/09 02:25 PM Re: need help in my bowling! [Re: ijohn83]
gallardoz Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: male
guys, they always say to have a relaxed swing, however when i tried a relaxed swing. my ball tend to lose speed or my ball will slip outta my hand. Next, they said not to grip the ball but without gripping wouldnt my wrist be a broken wrist?

#110989 - 12/22/09 07:40 PM Re: need help in my bowling! [Re: gallardoz]
TenPin_ Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 32/M/TX
If you lose ball speed when you feel like you are relaxing, then either you were really putting a lot of force into your swing before, or you are actually holding back the ball by slowing it down (which is still muscling the ball). What speed is your ball going when you feel relaxed?

Gripping and a broken wrist are two different, independent things. If you break your wrist you will most likely need to grip the ball, but if you keep your wrist firm or slightly cupped you will be able to keep the ball on your hand without gripping.

If the ball is still falling off your hand with a firm wrist then your span might be wrong, or your thumb hole could be too big, or it could have too much reverse pitch.

Your actual body position and finished position look pretty good, but there are a few things I can see to work on. You don't have much of a backswing which to me says you are probably stopping the ball in your backswing, probably because as was pointed out you start the ball on your 3rd step instead of your 2nd step. It also looks like you might be pulling the ball forward based on how quick your follow through gets up to your shoulder and bounces back down. Also, at the release you are both on top of and on the outside of the ball, which works well for throwing a straight ball but not well if you are trying to get rotation on it so it will hook.

I think the reason the ball goes at the angle it does is because you are standing pretty far to the left and I'm guessing you are aiming at about the 2nd arrow, which is causing you to pull the ball across your body a little bit to hit that target. Also, being on the outside of the ball might be causing it to kind of fall of to the right as soon as it comes off your hand, as opposed to keeping your hand behind the ball and projecting it straighter down the lane.

If you can get a sideview of you bowling that would help us to see some aspects of your game that are hard to see from behind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by djp1080 - 01/06/20 10:55 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.