BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#109950 - 12/13/09 10:45 AM Re: forum league?? [Re: 10PinGaloot]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Not too fond of the top ten all time posters picking. I'm one and never liked picking for teams.

This would be a perfect time to use a draft system. Once we know everyone that wants to be in it, we find out yearbook averages for everyone that does have one. Decide on number of bowlers on a team so we know the number of teams. The people with the highest X (based on number of teams) averages pick. To try to keep the teams a bit even. Break the averages down into tiers. The highest averages are top tier. They would then choose from the second tier, and the third tier and so on until everyone is picked. Maybe bowl for a so many weeks or months and then re-draft.

That's just a suggestion but I think it would work out pretty well. I'd like to see some real leagues around me give it a try.

For sign up, maybe a thread with just a one word or sentence response would work. Maybe someone could put together a website for the league.
HS:763

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#109952 - 12/13/09 10:57 AM Re: forum league?? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
cal, that's exactly what i had in mind for this, other than the 'extra' website. just didn't want to turn it into a 'job' for someone, unless someone is willing to spend the extra time to map it out proffessional like.....
working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#109954 - 12/13/09 11:07 AM Re: forum league?? [Re: tbill]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

Well the site would be only if someone wanted to do it. Other than that just use a thread.

#109957 - 12/13/09 11:29 AM Re: forum league?? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Would a copy of score sheet, (Paper) suffice to join the league? Talked to our league secretary they dont even upload our games and averages until the end of the season to bowl.com Nothing is done on computer.

I would make a team an excellent 2nd or 3rd bowler with my handicap and ability to bowl over my head on occasion lol

Mutant Cell

#109961 - 12/13/09 12:28 PM Re: forum league?? [Re: Rocket]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

Originally Posted By: Rocket
Would a copy of score sheet, (Paper) suffice to join the league? Talked to our league secretary they dont even upload our games and averages until the end of the season to bowl.com Nothing is done on computer.

I would make a team an excellent 2nd or 3rd bowler with my handicap and ability to bowl over my head on occasion lol

Some tournaments will do this to verify if your average is well over year book average.

#109965 - 12/13/09 12:47 PM Re: forum league?? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
well, even to that extent, we could go thru the pages of the 09/10 season and tally up the scores vs weeks reported to come up with a 'site' average.

plus, i really don't think the folks here would lie about avg/games etc., it'd just be a fun thing.
working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#109966 - 12/13/09 12:54 PM Re: forum league?? [Re: tbill]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Let's just compile a list of who wants to participate. Have each indicate a sanctioned average, or an average if they are not sanctioned. And, see how many we have. Cut off the applicants on a date or when we reach a predetermined number.

Then I agree with a draft method from the available list to maintain parity. If we use handicap, it should be based on the highest averaged bowler.

Next problem is how would we schedule who bowls whom? And, scores are to be entered by what day?
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#109978 - 12/13/09 03:52 PM Re: forum league?? [Re: Dennis Michael]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Count me in, ten sound like fun.

Edited by Rocket (12/13/09 03:53 PM)
Mutant Cell

#110006 - 12/13/09 08:11 PM Re: forum league?? [Re: Rocket]
usr bin geek Offline

A/S/L: 37/m/Burlington, VT
I'll be happy to setup and host a wordpress blog for the league (to post the score sheets, news, form to submit scores, etc). Once you decide who's going to run things shoot me a PM or try to catch me in the chat in the afternoon or evening.

I'd offer to do more but I sadly don't have any free time to do it right or even sloppily. wink
Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#110017 - 12/13/09 11:07 PM Re: forum league?? [Re: usr bin geek]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Mighty nice of you usr. If we could do this off of here so as not to muddy up the posts, but have a link from here would be nice.

Need help, PM me. Or just to discuss/recommend.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager, Richie V. 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 01/12/21 05:35 PM
We encountered a problem. error
by BOSStull - 01/10/21 02:56 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 12/22/20 06:48 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2021 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.