BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110044 - 12/14/09 07:59 AM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: BIGHMW]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
Originally Posted By: BIGHMW
Originally Posted By: Dan300
Can a mod re-title this thread please so it doesn't spoil it for others who may have recorded but not yet watched the match?

From what I can tell from some of the ticked-off posters on this thread that there ae many of you who either TiVoed or DVR'ed the telecasts while watching the NFL.

I do apologize for potentially spoiling it for some of you user

Don't Apologize. Your title was quite clear that you were going to talk about the winner of the World Championship. thoes of us who TiVo-ed the show should have known better.
Slingshot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#110110 - 12/14/09 06:27 PM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: Handful]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: Handful
Can a mod re-title this thread please so it doesn't spoil it for others who may have recorded but not yet watched the match?

From what I can tell from some of the ticked-off posters on this thread that there ae many of you who either TiVoed or DVR'ed the telecasts while watching the NFL.

Don't Apologize. Your title was quite clear that you were going to talk about the winner of the World Championship. thoes of us who tivo-ed the show should have known better.

Well the original title actually had the name of the winner in it before the admin edited it.
HS:763

#110118 - 12/14/09 10:17 PM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
don't feel bad, i was watching it, and chatting with Erin and coach Jim, 9th frame, my power goes out for 2 seconds and i miss everything!!!

by the time i got everything re-booted, match was over, and everyone in chat was gone!

talk about timing...........
working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#110123 - 12/14/09 11:36 PM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: tbill]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Well now that I know better (yup, I learned the hard way), I will from now on refrain from doing this now that I also know that there are some fans on this board who don't necessarily watch the telecasts LIVE as it happens like I do.

I didn't necessarily know that it would have the capability of becoming a spoiler, and also the storyline that has been such a great one that I just felt obligated because of it to share some of it with you.

Maybe next time I will wait until someone else wants to bring it up before doing so in the near future.

Thanks,

Ray Jackson
user ID: BIGHMW
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#110148 - 12/15/09 06:21 AM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: BIGHMW]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
You just got a little excite Ray. No harm no foul, some people just found out the winner before they got to watch it. There are worse things that could happen.
HS:763

#110154 - 12/15/09 06:45 AM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
Originally Posted By: Calvin Pistorio
Originally Posted By: Handful

Don't Apologize. Your title was quite clear that you were going to talk about the winner of the World Championship. thoes of us who tivo-ed the show should have known better.

Well the original title actually had the name of the winner in it before the admin edited it.

My bad. Still exciting to watch.
Slingshot

#110386 - 12/16/09 10:00 PM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: Handful]
pbateson Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Everett, WA, USA
His style is similar to late Jimmy Keeth.

You think is right?

#110990 - 12/22/09 08:01 PM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: pbateson]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Originally Posted By: pbateson
His style is similar to late Jimmy Keeth.

You think is right?

I remember the way Jimmy Keeth bowled, but he was all speed along with all that power and the high RPM rate that he was able to generate. His bugaboo was spare making.

But, Jimmy Keeth was double-jointed, that is how he was able to bowl one-handed with his style as opposed to the hybrid Jason Belmonte/Jimmy Keeth style that Tom Smallwood has.

It basically is a two-handed start up until the apex of his backswing, like Belmo, then everything downward is much like Keeth, one-handed, but only with slower speed and much better control.

BTW, I always wondered, since we now have opened the door to double-jointed players with titles, does anybody here remember Bob Vespi? It seemed like from 1992-93 he was unbeatable with that great bent-elbowed strike ball he threw, but like most power crankers did in the 90's, his downfall was a low spare conversion %.

www.BIGHMW.com

#110993 - 12/22/09 08:10 PM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: BIGHMW]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
Too new to bowling to remember Bob Vespi, but he was very successful, winning 2 titles. Looking on Youtube, I saw a telecast where he actually mentions that he'd been working on his spare shooting and how it's gotten a lot better. Amazing style, that guy has.

Whatever happened to him and Kelly Coffman?

#110998 - 12/22/09 08:25 PM Re: [spoiler] wins the PBA World Championship!!! [Re: beefers1]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Here is some vintage Bob Vespi when he was hot:

www.BIGHMW.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.