BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#10986 - 11/23/03 01:23 PM Help with release
BossMoss Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 40 Male Western Ney York
Hi Folks I am new to the forum & am hopeing to get some advise to improve my game & my Sons game. My son is going on 16 & loves bowling we need tips on helping him stop pinching the ball. I know he pinching it as sometime he can't hook it at all other times he has a nice hook. All the coaches on his Sat. bowling say his basics are good but we just can't get his average much above 155. He is on the school team and his practic ave. is about 170 league play starts Mon.& am sure ave. will go down. What books or tape are must have? A little back ground on me I am a Golf Pro so I know how important the grip is. I haven't bowled in a league in a long time but used to average 180 - 190. I have been bowling with my son the last couple of years & am siill able to matain that. He has yet to beat me for a series yet. Any tips and drills on release and armswing would a big help as I know no drills for bowling just golf. Thanks looking foward to your help

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#10987 - 11/24/03 10:10 AM Re: Help with release
DTB300 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Ageless/M/MD
Squeezing the ball can be MANY things. Large thumb hole, muscling, timing, proper use of tape, etc.

Since you are in Western NY, have you checked out the coaching offered by the Pro Shop at Thruway Lanes? I have heard some good things about them from a couple of people. It has been almost a year since I was at the lanes, and hopefully they still offer the lessons. I am originally from that area and have bowled at Thruway when in town for a visit.

Instead of guessing, see a good coach and get it straightened out now.

Thanks,
Dan

Formula for Improving your Bowling....
Professional Bowlers Service, Inc. + Briggs Consulting = Bowler Educational Seminars -> Results - Improved Bowlers Gaithersburg, MD - Home of Bowler Educational Seminars - Ask me about attending one!!!

#10988 - 11/24/03 02:24 PM Re: Help with release
BossMoss Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 40 Male Western Ney York
DTB300 I live in near Jamestown so Thruway lane are a little farther from me. The owner at are Pro Shop is Jim Mee I was thinking of asking him but don't know if he is any good. Are their any good books I shoud read on bowling drills? Thanks

#10989 - 11/26/03 10:38 AM Re: Help with release
DTB300 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: Ageless/M/MD
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by BossMoss:
DTB300 I live in near Jamestown so Thruway lane are a little farther from me. The owner at are pro shop is Jim Mee I was thinking of asking him but don't know if he is any good. Are their any good books I shoud read on bowling drills? Thanks </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Jamestown huh? I have relatives in Stockton. Making the drive up to Thruway is a little bit of a trip but worth the time for a nice house.

Where is the Pro Shop you visit down there?

I have bowled at the Jamestown Bowling Company lanes (lanes just past a strip mall with a great bakery) and Fountain Bowl (if I have my names right). JBC is a much better house IMO. I am usually there during the summer, and oil is at a premium in the houses. I will have to try to get up there more often. Too bad I was not coming up soon, or I would be more than glad to schedule some lessons with all of you.

Recently published good books I have found are by John Jowdy, and another book I liked (older) is by Mike Durbin - Gutterballs to Strikes. There is also Par Bowling by Tom Kuros for another good one.

Feel free to drop me an email if you want to discuss things further. Always good to find bowlers in the Jamestown area as I am always bowling alone when visiting.

Later....Dan

Formula for Improving your Bowling....
Professional Bowlers Service, Inc. + Briggs Consulting = Bowler Educational Seminars -> Results - Improved Bowlers Gaithersburg, MD - Home of Bowler Educational Seminars - Ask me about attending one!!!

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - 11/19/17 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - 11/19/17 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - 11/19/17 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.