BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108969 - 12/01/09 08:16 PM Am I choosing right?
Smooth Lefty Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 17 M USA
Well, as many of you may know, I am looking for another two balls for my arsenal. I am getting these for Christmas. I have conlcuded with the Mutant Cell and the Cell Pearl to compliment what I have, the Hammer Vibe Onyx. What do you guys think about my choice? Would you recommend something different?

Storm Virtual Gravity Nano #15
Storm Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl #15
Storm Sync #15
Hammer Vibe 15#
Roto Grip Cell Pearl 15#
Roto Grip Mutant Cell 15#
Brunswick C(System) 3.5 15#
Brunswick C(System) 4.5 15#
Hammer Axe Spare Ball 15#

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#108979 - 12/01/09 10:42 PM Re: Am I choosing right? [Re: Smooth Lefty]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Them seem like good balls. I don't exactly know what your arsenal looks like or what you want to accomplish with these balls you are adding or even how you bowl. A little more info would be a big help to me (and others).

As for suggestions, check out the Hammer BWs Sting and Nasty, the Storm VE, Hy-Road, Fast, Furious and Natural, and perhaps the Roto-Grip Mars, and maybe one of the LM Hornet balls as well as the Black Pearl.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#109027 - 12/02/09 05:58 PM Re: Am I choosing right? [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Smooth Lefty Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 17 M USA
Well, I am a lefty, bowl on THS with high school bowling team. I am a stroker bowling on the third arrow, and out to maybe the second. I usually bowl 18-19 MPH. Anything else?

Storm Virtual Gravity Nano #15
Storm Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl #15
Storm Sync #15
Hammer Vibe 15#
Roto Grip Cell Pearl 15#
Roto Grip Mutant Cell 15#
Brunswick C(System) 3.5 15#
Brunswick C(System) 4.5 15#
Hammer Axe Spare Ball 15#

#109063 - 12/03/09 07:15 AM Re: Am I choosing right? [Re: Smooth Lefty]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
I like the choices. Being a lefty, the onyx is probably as weak a ball as you need. with fewer people on that side the chances that side gets fried is pretty low. I would recomend you drill the mutant cell to roll early and use it for longer house patterns or when the carrydown is bringing the onyx breakpoint too far down the land. The only Comment I can think to make there might be too big a gap between the onyx and mutant that the pearl can't cover, But you won't know this until it happens so I say go with it.
Slingshot

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by BowlerBill - Yesterday at 07:05 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Vic44 - 08/04/18 10:41 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
End of Days
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:41 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.