BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107963 - 11/16/09 05:32 PM Music during league
Time-To-Roll Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: female, Port Angeles Wa. right...
Any of you have music during league play?
Yesterday in open bowling there was a birthday party and they had the music going, pretty loud, a bit on the rock side.
I really enjoyed it, I was snapping my fingers and tapping my feet on the approach,feeling relaxed. Thinking gee we should have music going all the time. Bowling is a lot about rythym.
However the couple we bowl with left, I guess she didn't like the loud music.??? I had the most fun bowling I've had in awhile.I even told the birthday people how much I was enjoying the music. I really doubt the idea will go over in the senior group.
Time to roll with music

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#107965 - 11/16/09 05:38 PM Re: Music during league [Re: Time-To-Roll]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
I don't like music while doing anything (except playing computer games) so I'm grateful that our center keeps the music off during leagues. It's on most of the time during practice, though, but I try not to let it distract me.

#107973 - 11/16/09 06:17 PM Re: Music during league [Re: beefers1]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Many don't like the loud music while bowling. I listen to music at work most of the time especially if I'm working by myself but I can't during league. I have an mp3 player but the wires and ear pieces would aggravate me. I know some that do wear them for league.
HS:763

#107975 - 11/16/09 06:50 PM Re: Music during league [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Matrix900 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 32/m/Canton, OH
My wife listens to her iPod at bowling. It keeps her relaxed and any distractions she would hear without the iPod she doesn't. I'm half tempted to buy a cheap mp3 player and try it. I get distracted by hearing my teammates talk while I'm on the approach and not 100% focused.
15lb White Dot

Current Avg 201

Career
Game - 288
Series - 755

Season
Game - 255
Series - 660

#107976 - 11/16/09 07:25 PM Re: Music during league [Re: Time-To-Roll]
Pat Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 49/F/Detroit., MI
The leagues I am in have a juke box and people play music, but me myself I take my mp3 player and I can listen to the type of music that I like which is upbeat and it helps me to get into a rhythm while bowling. When I bowl in league I do not like to talk alot so this keeps people who always want to talk to me conversation at a minimal because they know I am listening to my music. It also helps me to focus.

#107977 - 11/16/09 07:56 PM Re: Music during league [Re: Pat]
Brandon510 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 28/Male/California/Philippines
My center plays music during league sometimes. Usually its not loud just. Usually very soft.
BowlSk: Stats

#107991 - 11/16/09 11:19 PM Re: Music during league [Re: Brandon510]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Occassionally, we'll get some music during league on Friday nights. It doesn't bother me really. I actually enjoy most of the music and drown it out when I'm on the approach. I find that music is great and all, and listening to an iPod or mp3 player is great, but if you need it and rely on it to keep you focused I think it's a problem.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#107996 - 11/17/09 02:21 AM Re: Music during league [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Kilgore Trout Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: San Diego
Some music is good in this regard and some isn't. Some music helps provide relaxation or good rhythm. Some music is just plain distracting. What works for me might drive someone else nuts.

I personally prefer the music to be on at medium volume so that it can be heard above the noise of bowling, but without the volume being so high that the speakers distort or that the sound pressure actually hurts ones ears.

For bowling I prefer light rock with a beat. For instance, "We Are the Champions" by Queen.

#108001 - 11/17/09 08:40 AM Re: Music during league [Re: Kilgore Trout]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
In my mens league the music gets turned off as soon as practice starts, which is fine by me.

Now on my mixed league the music is on, usually at a lower volume. But a few weeks ago the center had a new juke box installed, and Metallica was blasting away. I like Metallica, but this was pretty loud and it was pretty annoying.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#108003 - 11/17/09 09:16 AM Re: Music during league [Re: Tim Gerard]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
It's kinda like what my Dad told me when I got Married. "Rhythm works.... as long as you don't do the Polka".

Same with Bowling. Don't care for loud, fast music. It Works better for a Social League then a Competitive one.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.