BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107788 - 11/15/09 05:26 AM Finally, saw how my ball revolves :)
123seeyah Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 26/M/Philippines
was happy with the practice yesterday because for the first time, i was able to check out my ball's revolutions.. not high though and i'm currently working that out.. but i was happy at the moment smile

----------------------------------------------------
15# Virtual Energy
15# Mighty Zone
15# Roto Grip Golden Globe

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#107805 - 11/15/09 08:26 AM Re: Finally, saw how my ball revolves :) [Re: 123seeyah]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
You actually have pretty good rotation on the ball. But, your targeting seems to need some help. You picked up the spare on the wrong side, and missed the head pin on the first ball.

Take a full video from front and ball side. Maybe we could help.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#107861 - 11/15/09 06:48 PM Re: Finally, saw how my ball revolves :) [Re: Dennis Michael]
123seeyah Offline
League Bowler

@dennis

thanks for the comment.. as for the head pin miss on the first shot, that was literally my first shot at practice so i won't be surprised if it was off.. i did stand far left so as not to block the camera.. as for the hit on the wrong side of the pins at spare, i intentionally hit the right side of it because it was a strike shot, im looking for the pocket line and the spare came as a bonus smile the strike came a few frames after and i was standing at my natural line. smile
15# Virtual Energy
15# Mighty Zone

#107872 - 11/15/09 08:25 PM Re: Finally, saw how my ball revolves :) [Re: 123seeyah]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Now you sound like a teammate of mine. No matter what he does, he always says, I meant to do that. He hit the 3-6 and somehow got a strike. He said, I meant to do that.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#107910 - 11/16/09 08:56 AM Re: Finally, saw how my ball revolves :) [Re: Dennis Michael]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
In practice I typically do not shoot spares unless I am working on my spare game. Especially in warm ups before league I always throw a first ball shot rather than shooting spares. I am using the time to build new skills or tools most of the time so adding the spares in between makes it take a little longer.

I do suggest at least one day of spare shooting practice (without the first ball) once a month though, otherwise your spare game can go awry.

I also thought I would mention that the rotation itself looked good, I don't think there was a problem with it. I would guess you are somewhere in the 225-250 range for revs right now but thats just guessing by trying to watch a spot on the ball. Might be right, might be significantly off.

Edited by sk8shorty01 (11/16/09 08:57 AM)
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#107968 - 11/16/09 05:52 PM Re: Finally, saw how my ball revolves :) [Re: sk8shorty01]
123seeyah Offline
League Bowler

@sk8shorty

if the computation on bowlspot is accurate, then you are right.. i used the tool to measure my RPMs and some shots are 225, some are 250.. i still want to see myself hit the 300 mark.. im aware that my hand is not under the ball enough to hit that mark and im working on it.. the problem is if my mind is aware to stay under the ball more, then i tend to grab the ball.. im doing wrist exercises every other day to help me strengthen my wrist.. any tip on increasing revs is most welcome
15# Virtual Energy
15# Mighty Zone

#108007 - 11/17/09 10:29 AM Re: Finally, saw how my ball revolves :) [Re: 123seeyah]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
123, The best tip I can give you, and probably the hardest to actually do is to always remember that "less is more". The less you feel you are doing to the ball at the bottom of swing the more you are going to get out of it.

Take golf (or baseball) for example, when you hit the ball on the sweet spot it doesn't feel like you hit anything at all, it just feels like a clean and smooth stroke and you crush it. Bowling is the same way, when you feel like the ball is just coming off the hand and you aren't doing anything to it at the bottom, you are actually creating more.

Just keep bowling, thats the only way to get there, and please remember that you don't get extra credit for knocking 10 pins down with 300 revs as opposed to 225-250. Its still a strike and it all scores the same. Don't let yourself get trapped up in the big hook and "lets see how many boards I can cover" game. It never ends well.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#108016 - 11/17/09 12:09 PM Re: Finally, saw how my ball revolves :) [Re: sk8shorty01]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Looks like your hand is on top of the ball at release - you can really see it right around 0:47. Actually looks very similar to my friend's release, he spins the ball a bit too. You don't show your whole swing, but his tends to be caused by throwing the ball and trying to make it hook, rather than letting the ball fall, staying behind it, and letting it roll off his hand.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#108034 - 11/17/09 06:09 PM Re: Finally, saw how my ball revolves :) [Re: cgeorg]
123seeyah Offline
League Bowler

@cg

here's my back and side view approach (this however is outdated since i shortened my first two steps now and push away at the same time at the second, but the release is somewhat similar)

Side view

Back view
15# Virtual Energy
15# Mighty Zone

#108036 - 11/17/09 06:27 PM Re: Finally, saw how my ball revolves :) [Re: 123seeyah]
mikhial66 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 20/M/FL
Biggest problem I see is that you start your pushaway on your third step instead of your second. I have the same problem (Although I'm a 4 step approach). It causes me to pull the ball up and back down so I can feel like I'm on time.
Python
Midnight Vibe
T-Zone (Spare)
Copperhead(THS Ball)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.