BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#107557 - 11/12/09 08:58 PM Re: PBA Reality TV? [Re: kwik8]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Originally Posted By: kwik8
hope to see more of the young lefty in upcoming telecasts.

Me and you both, and lucky for us, he is on the finals again this week. I just saw it previewed on pba.com
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#108584 - 11/25/09 07:06 PM Re: PBA Reality TV? [Re: Justinmill14]
Upriser Offline
2 x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/male/australia/south austra...
we just got to see it over here on the weekend. loved watching it!! anything to do with bowling and im in my glory! That young Ciminelli looks like he will be around for a while, im a fan now!
Storm Heat
Track Spare

#108587 - 11/25/09 08:12 PM Re: PBA Reality TV? [Re: Upriser]
TenPin_ Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 32/M/TX
I liked that they showed what really takes place prior to the finals, though do agree that the finals were missing that live, one game and it's over feeling. So I think a mix of behind the scenes, qualifying rounds, informational/educational commentary, and then a live one game semi-final and finals would work well. And not necessarily all of that every time, but at least some of each every time.

#111409 - 12/28/09 01:15 AM Re: PBA Reality TV? [Re: Tim Gerard]
RDubYa Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Florida
I thought it was good for the sport and interesting for me as a viewer. I would have liked more emphasis on the lane preparation and lane patterns so that viewers could see why the pros don't bowl 280's all the time.

#111420 - 12/28/09 07:53 AM Re: PBA Reality TV? [Re: Justinmill14]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Originally Posted By: Justinmill14
Originally Posted By: kwik8
hope to see more of the young lefty in upcoming telecasts.

Me and you both, and lucky for us, he is on the finals again this week. I just saw it previewed on pba.com

Ryan Ciminelli will get his chance on the national tour. He along with six other bowlers earned their exemption at the Regional Players Invitational. The other bowlers, one a local for me (Bobby Hall II), are listed below (from pba.com):

SANDS REGENCY PBA REGIONAL PLAYERS INVITATIONAL
National Bowling Stadium, Reno, Nev., Dec. 17

FINAL STANDINGS (after 30 games; top seven designated with e- earned exemptions to bowl on the 2010-11 Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour)
1. e-Scott Norton, San Francisco, 6,482, $7,500.
2. e-Bobby Hall II, Landover, Md., 6,417, $4,000.
3. e-Ryan Ciminelli, Cheektowaga, N.Y., 6,324, $3,000.
4. e-Lennie Boresch Jr., Kenosha, Wis., 6,304, $2,500.
5. e-Chris Warren, Grants Pass, Ore., 6,289, $2,000.
6. e-David Beres, Greenfield, Wis., 6,277, $1,700.
7. e-Jeff Zaffino, Warren, Pa., 6,263, $1,500.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#111426 - 12/28/09 10:26 AM Re: PBA Reality TV? [Re: Joe Bowler]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
I don't watch PBA since I bowl on Sunday and don't have a DVR and they took it off ESPN classic.
However, I remember Jim McKay and his "Up Close and Personal" on ABC Wide World of Sports. It made everything more interesting, even the sports that bored me (e.g. winter olympics biathlon). I'd always find myself rooting for whomever they did the bio on.

I believe Roone Arledge and his gang invented that, if I'm not mistaken, which I often am, but I usually admit it when I am, so you can still keep listening when I speak but just take it with a grain of salt if you disagree....

"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#111634 - 12/29/09 11:03 PM Re: PBA Reality TV? [Re: 10PinGaloot]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
I remember they used that same "Up Close And Personal" during some of the Professional Bowlers Tour telecasts on ABC as well, to give the fans watching a home a closer look of what life is for their heroes off the lanes and away from the constant grind of the PBA Tour.

One particular piece, conveniently aired after his storied perfect 300 game in his hometown of Erie, PA during the 1996 Flagship Open, was a piece on Bob Learn Jr. (the Tour dearly misses him and his 300s out there now these days), and in the tail end of that piece, filmed before the TV show, Learn mentioned of how great it would be to bowl the most memorable of his (then) 51 300 games, on ABC.

Then they went to his next match against whom would become his next victim during his running of the table, 6-time (at the time) Tour champion John Mazza, with Chris Schenkel, simply stating "Dreams Come True".

And boy they do, believe me.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.