BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#103297 - 09/20/09 10:58 PM Re: How bad is a crack over the bridge? [Re: hoppy]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
It does depend on whether the crack leads into a void in the finger holes where the driller has tunnelled the finger holes.

Quote:
A bridge that has been weakened by holes that intersect or by
insufficient lateral pitches
= tunnelling

Drilled the bridge too narrow. The bridge should NOT crack. If they drilled it too fast with too dull a bits (and the bits get dull quickly) then that will overheat the coverstock in that drilling area and lead to cracking.

I would not just let it go. I would insist that it be repaired. As soon as possible so that it doesn't get wider.

Erin

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#103914 - 09/26/09 08:50 PM Re: How bad is a crack over the bridge? [Re: Atochabsh]
123seeyah Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 26/M/Philippines
had the same problem with my Virtual Energy..

had inserts..

holes drilled with a distance to PIN about quarter an inch..

after throwing it for about 4 games, a small crack transverse between the ring finger and the PIN..

read the warranty just to find out the warranty is voided.. haaaay

now i know it has nothing to do with the ball reaction but im too worried about it.. i even don't wanna throw the Virtual Energy of being afraid that the crack might progress to a bigger crack or a chip out of the coverstock.. knowing that the warranty is voided i dont know if i have to use it and just drill out, plug and redrill the ring finger once the crack grew bigger frown
----------------------------------------------------
15# Virtual Energy
15# Mighty Zone
15# Roto Grip Golden Globe

#103918 - 09/26/09 11:15 PM Re: How bad is a crack over the bridge? [Re: 123seeyah]
JackZ Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 59/M/Cleveland, Ohio
I've had cracks in the bridge due to intersecting holes. More than once, but by different drillers. I've also had a ball that cracked there for no apparent reason. I'll assume it was the dull drill bit mentioned earlier.

All the drillers I've ever met....I liked. A few of them were found to be clueless later. Most of them really knew what they were doing and then A. Got sick B. Retired C. Moved out of state for better oppurtunities. D. Imploded ( I think he overloaded)

I sure hope my driller now sticks around for a while:)

Better swing, more accuracy, and more spares.
A 200 avg. before summer.

#107032 - 11/06/09 11:20 PM Re: How bad is a crack over the bridge? [Re: MJbowler]
armybowler85 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/NC
I am always disappointed when I hear about this happening. I haven't seen your bowling ball, but if it cracked within you first couple of games, it sounds like a Pro Shop error. I worked in a Pro Shop a few years ago and seen this happen often. It is either one of two things: You finger holes were drilled into each other(I have noticed proshops doing this so the grips sit flush in the hole this way they don't have to cut or trim the grip.),or the Pro Shop didn't sand or bevel the edges of the fingerholes after drilling. These are two common errors I see to this day. I would take the ball back to the Pro Shop and demand that it gets repaired properly.

I don't know about you guys but two hundred dollars is alot of money to spend on a ball that cracks the first time you use it!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by IronMike - 10:41 AM
My Team-mate is killing me!!
by powell - 10:39 AM
Storm Optimus Video Ball Review
by djp1080 - 09:48 AM
Help me choose a new bag
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - 07:13 AM
Tri-Grip
by smarcus - 05:51 AM
Fall '14 virtual league Week 3 results
by Richie V. - 03:03 PM
Results from practice
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - 07:58 AM
2014-2015 Honor Scores
by sk8shorty01 - 09/29/14 10:08 AM
Any rules on speed of play?
by 6_ball_man - 09/28/14 09:04 PM
Ball Recommendation
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - 09/28/14 05:57 AM
Want Donkee 2-ball modules
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - 09/27/14 09:01 PM
Storm Roto Grip Match Maker Live
by BOSStull - 09/26/14 08:28 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.