BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#106689 - 11/02/09 09:48 PM Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
A guy in our sanctioned league bowled three 300's tonight. Every ball was pretty much in the pocket. It's probably something I'll never see in person again.

It's a THS league so they are not going to let anybody bowl on the pair of lanes (9&10) until they verify that the shot is legal.

I still can't believe it ...
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#106690 - 11/02/09 10:11 PM Re: Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight [Re: VFF57]
Extraacount Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 13/Male/Canada
Wow, you witnessed it? On another forum, someone posted this up too but i didnt believe it until now. Unbelievable =D

#106691 - 11/02/09 10:12 PM Re: Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight [Re: VFF57]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
That's pretty amazing. What was the crowd like? How did the guy react?

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#106697 - 11/02/09 10:46 PM Re: Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight [Re: cgeorg]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
HOpefully the center certification is in and zero lineage is already in. I would think that it would be more fair to take oil reading tapes before the event rather then after. But USBC no longer demands that you take tapes after an honor award.

Pretty amazing and you are right, once in a lifetime event either watching or doing. Was the guy a high level bowler?

Erin

#106709 - 11/03/09 07:43 AM Re: Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight [Re: Atochabsh]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
It wasn't Mushtare was it?

#106711 - 11/03/09 08:34 AM Re: Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight [Re: CoachJim]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Originally Posted By: CoachJim

I saw your name as the last post, and I knew it was about him.

Hey, if it was, at least he had witnesses this time.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#106712 - 11/03/09 08:44 AM Re: Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight [Re: Atochabsh]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

Andrew has had about a 22x average since I've been bowling there (Medford Lanes, NJ) in league. While I was congratulating him on his first 300 last night he mentioned that he had six others at that house in the past. I also seen his name up at least once for a low 800 series.

After the first 300 last night he started stringing strikes and once again we watched him get through the 10th frame for the second 300. Again we all congratulated him and went back to our lanes. Well once again he started stringing strikes in the third game and when he got to the fifth frame the house record for consecutive strikes was broken. From there he got into the tenth frame again and with the whole league standing behind him he struck out. From what I could tell he didnít seem nervous throughout the whole set. Afterwards he said he felt good and once he got into third game he felt confident about getting the 900. I told him he should retire the ball as a ď900 trophy ballĒ. It was amazing to watch and Iím sure heíll be riding on a 900 cloud for a long time.

I think he will get a 900 ring as a USBC award? Iím not sure but I think the house will give him something as well. Thereís an article in one of the local papers Ė Courier Post and if I find the link I will post it. As for me I shot a measly 623 series.
Black Hammer

#106713 - 11/03/09 08:51 AM Re: Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight [Re: CoachJim]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

Originally Posted By: CoachJim

No. Andrew Teal. He's in the local newspapers so I don't think he'll mind if I post his name here.
Black Hammer

#106715 - 11/03/09 09:24 AM Re: Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight [Re: VFF57]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
Wow, Amazing stuff.
Talk about being "in the zone". What did Mr.Teal have for lunch?..lol. You are right, you will most likely never witness that again. Wow...

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#106726 - 11/03/09 10:33 AM Re: Wittnessed a 900 (perfect) Series Tonight [Re: Tim Gerard]
AmpleSound Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34/M/CO
That's awesome! More than likely most of us will never witness this in our lifetimes.
Columbia Plastic - (Spares/Dry)

My best:
HGS - 300
HSS - 769

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.