BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#105344 - 10/14/09 09:42 PM Ball for Drier Lanes
tbeck Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 16/m/st.louis
Hey I was wanting some ball advice. I currently have a black widow bite and a swarm. I also have a storm furious but im getting rid of that ball. I have a medium-high rev rate with decent speed. I bowl on the high school team and I need a ball for dry-medium lanes because my swarm and black widow bite are too much at times. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#105352 - 10/14/09 10:57 PM Re: Ball for Drier Lanes [Re: tbeck]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
Maybe one of the urethanes, or something like the Avalanche Slide, Mars, or Link

#105354 - 10/14/09 11:18 PM Re: Ball for Drier Lanes [Re: Jay R.]
MNsportsfan Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 38/M/Omaha NE
I just ordered a pyhsco for that reason, hope it works. I have read alot of reviews and it's a little older, but heard the street rod pearl will do the trick. Got that one for my wife, will know more next week after they come in and get punched.

Roto Grip Critical Theory
Rogue Cell
Hammer Psycho
Mutant Cell Pearl

#105355 - 10/15/09 12:12 AM Re: Ball for Drier Lanes [Re: MNsportsfan]
Reconbbs Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 21/Male/York Pennsylvania
Make sure to have a drilled weak. The Psycho is no slouch.

Hammer Black Widow Bite
DV8 Misfit
DV8 Reckless
Visionary AMB Centaur

High Game-300x2
High Series-836

Fall League Averages
Tuesday 234
Thursday 225

#105358 - 10/15/09 01:04 AM Re: Ball for Drier Lanes [Re: Reconbbs]
MNsportsfan Offline
Bracket Donor

Well, I was going to have it drilled the same way my rogue is with the exception that the rogue is for heavy oil, physco is for medium....I dont' think at first I am going to mess with going weaker or stronger, just have it the same and go from there. Thanks for the heads up! I am not a big cranker, just get it out there with a little finger, not much speed and have it come pretty good.

Rogue Cell
Hammer Psycho
Mutant Cell Pearl

#105359 - 10/15/09 03:31 AM Re: Ball for Drier Lanes [Re: MNsportsfan]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
You will be fine getting the Psycho drill the same as the Rogue. It will be weaker. Depending on what layout is on there and your style you have have a medium to medium-light oil ball with the OOB finish. After that there are definitely some weaker options if that ball won't be weak enough for the driest conditions you face.

#105361 - 10/15/09 06:38 AM Re: Ball for Drier Lanes [Re: Jay R.]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Just curious, why are you getting rid of the furious? I am thinking about adding that to my arsenal figuring it is a bit stronger on med to heavy oil then my fast.

As far as dry goes I love my tropical, I know I know beginner ball, bad core all that jazz. But it has rescued me time and time again when the lanes have burnt up. The price was great as well.
Mutant Cell

#105375 - 10/15/09 10:20 AM Re: Ball for Drier Lanes [Re: Rocket]
MNsportsfan Offline
Bracket Donor

I am not on dry conditions very often. I know how to adjust my mark and my speed when the lanes change and the rogue normally handles well on all conditions. I just wanted to be able to throw with consistency and not have to change everything, hopefully just grab the physco and keep rollin....

Rogue Cell
Hammer Psycho
Mutant Cell Pearl

#105412 - 10/16/09 12:43 AM Re: Ball for Drier Lanes [Re: MNsportsfan]
tbeck Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 16/m/st.louis
The reason im getting rid of the furious is because it does not work so well on the conditions I normally face. I have it out of the box finish and drilled very weak. When I throw it it basically starts curving half way down the lane with little entry angle. All the centers in my town have dry-medium lanes so I have not tried it on heavy oil though.

#105420 - 10/16/09 06:38 AM Re: Ball for Drier Lanes [Re: tbeck]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Ok thanks for the info, I am not really good enough to give ball advice, but those sound like the conditions I bowl on as well and my Fast works well for that. I have mine drilled for more backend.

I am not however a high rever, I do have a med to high ball speed and can pretty much play any line on the lanes with the fast.

The house my son bowls at is a heavier oil house and I do struggle with it their plus there are a couple of tourneys my team is getting in so that is why I am looking for something for heavier oil, but something I can control as well I am hoping the furious will fit in there.
Mutant Cell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 04:35 PM
End of Days
by explorer05 - Yesterday at 12:19 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - 06/22/18 04:31 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.