BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#104813 - 10/08/09 02:30 PM Video update after a month off!
ijohn83 Offline
4x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 54/male/Palmdale, California U...
I wasn't going to post until I have a couple of weeks of practice but I wanted to make a comment about my right ankle & knee. The only place I ever hurt after I bowl is my right ankle & right knee once in a while. While looking at my video I noticed my finishing position is resting on my right toe and that twists my ankle and knee; good to know.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ijohn83#p/a

I am still not under the equator and turning too soon but over all I think I am getting closer - I hope!

~ John

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#104816 - 10/08/09 02:53 PM Re: Video update after a month off! [Re: ijohn83]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
john,
you are getting there. As you said there are still those few issues lingering in your game but I think it does look better now than it did previous to the break. The shot you throw at :55 seconds in is the best of the three shots you show there. Notice how you wait on the ball, post your shot and don't try to hook the ball and throw it 90 mph smile . Keep them like that shot at :55 and you will begin to progress pretty rapidly!

So did the smoker stop smoking on a side note?

Edited by sk8shorty01 (10/08/09 02:53 PM)
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#104835 - 10/08/09 06:46 PM Re: Video update after a month off! [Re: sk8shorty01]
ijohn83 Offline

Down to two cigarettes a day, but he lies.

My point was independent of his actions.

~ John

#104863 - 10/09/09 05:45 AM Re: Video update after a month off! [Re: ijohn83]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
You aren't keeping your hand in position to the release. Push the pinky forward to the release and video tape it and see if your hand doesn't stay in position better.

#104865 - 10/09/09 06:33 AM Re: Video update after a month off! [Re: CoachJim]
ijohn83 Offline

Two things:

1) How important is it to get my power step in front of the previous step?
(It seems I am drifting into my swing on that last step instead of making room for the swing. I end up 2 boards to the right of where I start; i.e. Inside slide foot starting @ 18 & ending @ 16)

2) Where is the balls weight at each stage of its swing?

I know, ideally, it:
a) starts 100% in the left hand.
b) Tips onto the pad of the right index finger on the unhinge.
c) ??? at the bottom of the swing.
d) ??? on the back swing.
e) ??? at the top of the swing.
f) ??? on the forward swing.
g) ??? at the bottom of the forward swing.
h) ??? at release.

It seems I have a very hard time keeping the weight on the index pad through out the entire swing.

#104915 - 10/09/09 05:26 PM Re: Video update after a month off! [Re: ijohn83]
BayAreaBowler Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 40/M/California
Hey John,

I think your approach is looking pretty good. But, I think your release is very problematic. It looks like you are not getting your thumb out before your fingers, i.e. thumb and fingers are coming out roughly at the same time. Not sure if you are grabbing it too hard at release or what, but that is why you are not getting as many revs on the ball as you could, and the ball essentially goes hard and straight.

I bet that if you did get your thumb out of the ball faster, it would feel like you are dropping the ball; however this is the feeling you should be going for...not that you want to drop it behind the foul line or anything, but you should feel a lot of weight on your fingers as you release the ball.

Arsenal (order of current preference):
15# Ebonite Mission
15# RotoGrip Nomad Solid
15# Storm Reign of Fire
15# Storm Virtual Gravity

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 01/12/21 05:35 PM
We encountered a problem. error
by BOSStull - 01/10/21 02:56 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2021 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.