BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#104724 - 10/07/09 02:27 PM Re: There you go! [Re: Tim Gerard]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I was an ESL tutor for a little while, although I have no idea why. It must've been my extreme and exquisite skill with the english language seeingstars, because [email protected] sure don't speak another language. I understand its importance and do agree with a majority of what is being said. However, one thing I noticed is that the kids have to want to learn. A good bit of them hardly tried, and I'm not talking about the new students who hardly knew any of the language. I was more like a drill sergent or jail warden killing the party than anything else.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#104727 - 10/07/09 02:51 PM Re: There you go! [Re: Tim Gerard]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
I don't think its necessarily the non English speaking kids bringing down the test score, but rather they are taking time away from English speaking kids in the classroom. Therefore English speaking kids are not getting as good an education as they could given more attention from the teachers. There should be more teachers devoted to teaching the non English speaking kids maybe even seperate schools until they can competantly be integrated with the English speaking kids. I know its easier for kids to pick up a language then adults.

Erin

#104729 - 10/07/09 03:12 PM Re: There you go! [Re: Atochabsh]
sharnothegreat Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/FL
well i was one of the ones who did go back when going through the drive thru because i could not eat it with the stuff i requested to be left off LOL

ans Sk8 i didnt mean times in general obviously this topic has nothing to do with technology or electronics so why would you even go there. i was talking about the attitude and carelessness of people in the fast food restaurants....... come on!

arsenal:
Hammer-Raw Hammer ACID
Brunswick-Zone spare

#104769 - 10/08/09 10:08 AM Re: There you go! [Re: sharnothegreat]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: sharnothegreat
well i was one of the ones who did go back when going through the drive thru because i could not eat it with the stuff i requested to be left off LOL

ans Sk8 i didnt mean times in general obviously this topic has nothing to do with technology or electronics so why would you even go there. i was talking about the attitude and carelessness of people in the fast food restaurants....... come on!

I was simply pointing out that things can change quite fast over a short time. I know the one thing that the supervisors stressed more than anything was customer service and what you should be saying and all that good stuff. We would constantly have a supervisor with a headset on listening to us in the drive thru and you would get reprimanded if you ever said "is that it..."

That was my point, we were not allowed to do it then, I am suprised they are allowed now.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#104774 - 10/08/09 10:46 AM Re: There you go! [Re: sk8shorty01]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Well, at any rate, I still have the problem, so what I've decided to say is "Yessiree!".

BTW if anyone thought this is a generational thing, I had a 70-year-old woman say it to me yesterday. And that was after I prepped her to be polite by starting the transaction with "Hi, how are you?" to which she said "fine" and then proceeded to not say "thank you" or "have a nice day" but the usual "there you go!" So if it's agism due to my white beard, then 70-year-olds practice agism. If it's something kids pick up in high school, then this 70-year-old woman was recently in high school. I personally think it's a meme, which means it will spread across the country, just like grunge did.

It'll take me some time to get over my life-long habit of saying thank you, by which time I'll be back home in Washington, where they actually always say "Thank you, have a nice day", and then of course I'll have to unlearn my SoCal reply....

No, really, I love Southern California. The weather's great. Hiking on weekends.... The bowling is cheap.... Traffic is a nightmare, but hey, whatever.

I'll be so glad to be going home!

"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 11/28/20 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 11/28/20 01:37 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.