BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#104655 - 10/07/09 12:13 AM Re: There you go! [Re: JackZ]
mikhial66 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 20/M/FL
They're actually hired by corporations to suspect every one of stealing.
Python
Midnight Vibe
T-Zone (Spare)
Copperhead(THS Ball)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#104658 - 10/07/09 01:40 AM Re: There you go! [Re: sk8shorty01]
sharnothegreat Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/FL
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
I will also say it is rampant in the fast food market. For instance, constantly you hear over the menu speaker, "is that it?". When I was in high school and worked at McDonalds we would be hung if we said that, it was always "Can I get you anything else?", the other is just not a friendly, and is also not nearly as personal.

you were in high school only 6 years ago, times cant be that different between now and then. as long as i have known, majority of people in fast food places dont give a crap about anything, especially the people in taco bell that could never get my order right !! LOL

arsenal:
Hammer-Raw Hammer ACID
Brunswick-Zone spare

#104664 - 10/07/09 06:48 AM Re: There you go! [Re: sharnothegreat]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Quote:
especially the people in taco bell that could never get my order right !! LOL

Now that's another topic isn't it? I don't know about other locations but here, nearly 100% of the fast food employees are hispanic and seem to speak no English. Therefore they probably do not read English either. Resulting in putting orders together that in no way co inside with whatever you've ordered. But the entire restaurant seems to know that you will not bring back food if you were in the drive through, so no need to be specific in what they give the customer.

Erin

#104665 - 10/07/09 08:06 AM Re: There you go! [Re: Atochabsh]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Sorry guys, but I wouldn't know a Burrito from an enchilada; or a tortilla from a taco.
It's all the same to me. I wouldn't know if my order was right or wrong, unless I looked at a picture.

I even had to use spell check for 2 of those names. PS: I got Taco right.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#104672 - 10/07/09 09:09 AM Re: There you go! [Re: Dennis Michael]
JackZ Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 59/M/Cleveland, Ohio
I thrive on Mexican food. Here in Ohio, outside of Taco Bell, all the Mexican restaurants have Mexican help and as far as I've seen they speak decent English for it being their 2nd language.

Well here ya are ....and there ya go! <g>

Better swing, more accuracy, and more spares.
A 200 avg. before summer.

#104674 - 10/07/09 09:25 AM Re: There you go! [Re: JackZ]
dante21 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 26/m/IN
I'll only respond to the annoying cell phone users. I used to work customer service for about 7 years. Everything from wal-mart, to being a server/bartender at applebees for 2 years. When I'm on my phone and I get to the register, I'll tell the person on the line to hold on a sec, put them on hold and put the phone into my pocket. I always say thank you, and show some appreciation due to I know the people behind the counter are just trying to make a living on what most times is a [censored] wage.

Current Avg. 165
High Game 221
High Series 585

#104675 - 10/07/09 09:36 AM Re: There you go! [Re: Atochabsh]
VampyreBowler Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 45/Male/Thurmont, MD
Originally Posted By: Atochabsh
Quote:
especially the people in taco bell that could never get my order right !! LOL

Now that's another topic isn't it? I don't know about other locations but here, nearly 100% of the fast food employees are hispanic and seem to speak no English. Therefore they probably do not read English either. Resulting in putting orders together that in no way co inside with whatever you've ordered. But the entire restaurant seems to know that you will not bring back food if you were in the drive through, so no need to be specific in what they give the customer.

Erin

There is a Popeye's near to me that they have one register that is for spanish speaking only. If there is a line in the other and noone in the spanish line, they can't help you there unless you speak spanish. I won't start off on my normal tangent regarding this.

#104680 - 10/07/09 09:52 AM Re: There you go! [Re: sharnothegreat]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: sharnothegreat
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
I will also say it is rampant in the fast food market. For instance, constantly you hear over the menu speaker, "is that it?". When I was in high school and worked at McDonalds we would be hung if we said that, it was always "Can I get you anything else?", the other is just not a friendly, and is also not nearly as personal.

you were in high school only 6 years ago, times cant be that different between now and then. as long as i have known, majority of people in fast food places dont give a crap about anything, especially the people in taco bell that could never get my order right !! LOL

Well I can say that I think a lot has changed in those few years.... Cell phones were monochrome with regular ring tones, not even the polyphonic ring tones yet. They surely weren't the real songs. They were the original nokias. There was no such thing as an iPod, probably the biggest selling thing in the last decade. Texting was almost non-existant, etc. I bet I could think of a lot more if I really sat down and thought about it.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#104683 - 10/07/09 10:16 AM Re: There you go! [Re: sk8shorty01]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Well, you have to live out where I live. We have dead zones where NO cell phones even work. Heck, the downtown area just got cable a year ago, and no hi speed internet there either, mostly dial up.

The Burgerking closed, so did the taco place. Breakfast is served starting at 5 am at two diners. But, they close after lunch. And, you have to get gravy on everything you order, from biscuits and gravy in the morning to hamburger and fries covered with beef gravy for lunch. Tough time buying a hot dog after 7, let alone any dinner. The place is really quiet after 7. Heck, the Funeral Home closed for lack of business.

Other than the HS football game, 6 weekends a year, there is really very little to do.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#104685 - 10/07/09 10:23 AM Re: There you go! [Re: Dennis Michael]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
Well, you have to live out where I live. We have dead zones where NO cell phones even work. Heck, the downtown area just got cable a year ago, and no hi speed internet there either, mostly dial up.

The Burgerking closed, so did the taco place. Breakfast is served starting at 5 am at two diners. But, they close after lunch. And, you have to get gravy on everything you order, from biscuits and gravy in the morning to hamburger and fries covered with beef gravy for lunch. Tough time buying a hot dog after 7, let alone any dinner. The place is really quiet after 7. Heck, the Funeral Home closed for lack of business.

Other than the HS football game, 6 weekends a year, there is really very little to do.

I think I will stick to Cocoa Beach haha... No offense of course smile
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 11/28/20 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 11/28/20 01:37 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.