BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#104567 - 10/05/09 05:15 PM Re: There you go! [Re: General Pounder]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: General Pounder
I went into Walgreens the other night and was waiting in line behind a lady who was on the phone while she was checking out. She kept on with her conversation like the clerk wasn't even there. She actually sounded bothered by the clerk when she was handing her the receipt. I have worked in the service business before. If I was behind the counter and people kept acting the way people act towards the cashier the other day, I would probably say "there you go" a lot to people too.

I can't stand when people do that. I've been called a couple times while in drive thrus/lines and just don't feel right about answering the phone.
HS:763

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#104576 - 10/05/09 10:26 PM Re: There you go! [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Cal: If I get a phone call when I am in the store on my way to the check out, I tell them I will call them back. My wife does the same thing. It just isn't very courteous.

#104584 - 10/06/09 12:20 AM Re: There you go! [Re: 10PinGaloot]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: SpareMe
Originally Posted By: Atochabsh
I'd write to the manager of the store.

I had thought of that, but it has happened at Jack in the Box, Jons supermarket, Vons supermarket, Target... A general trend.

I will have to disagree slightly with the general trend thing. Only because I work at Kohl's and know that we get our butts chewed if we did any of that and especially if the POS sups caught us. But then again, Kohl's is different from a lot of other stores. For instance, instead of "There you go," we have to take up extra time to point out our customer service survey so consumers can tell us where we need to do better.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#104627 - 10/06/09 02:17 PM Re: There you go! [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I hate it when you get this response from a clerk,...HUH?, or What? Now thats Classy..I was in a restuarant the other day and a waitress asked,..Wuddya want? Nice..

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#104628 - 10/06/09 02:22 PM Re: There you go! [Re: Tim Gerard]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I will also say it is rampant in the fast food market. For instance, constantly you hear over the menu speaker, "is that it?". When I was in high school and worked at McDonalds we would be hung if we said that, it was always "Can I get you anything else?", the other is just not a friendly, and is also not nearly as personal.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#104629 - 10/06/09 03:17 PM Re: There you go! [Re: sk8shorty01]
VampyreBowler Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 45/Male/Thurmont, MD
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
I will also say it is rampant in the fast food market. For instance, constantly you hear over the menu speaker, "is that it?". When I was in high school and worked at McDonalds we would be hung if we said that, it was always "Can I get you anything else?", the other is just not a friendly, and is also not nearly as personal.

Don't get me started on the fast food people nowadays.

#104630 - 10/06/09 04:47 PM Re: There you go! [Re: VampyreBowler]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I concur. Fast food clerks really grind my gears nowadays.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#104640 - 10/06/09 06:32 PM Re: There you go! [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Hey, I got a "there you go" today at the Target store. Hadn't noticed it before, so I asked the cashier why she said that. She said she was just being nice. It wasn't a Company thing, just the way she was.

Now, get those old people away from me. You know, the greeters. I don't trust them. Those.... 'Welcome to whatever' people. I know what store I'm in. Sometimes I wonder if they know what store they're in. I guess they are too old to stock shelves. Too impersonal to take care of Customers. And, can't add any more to be a cashier.

Hey, the cash register tells you what change to give. People don't have to subtract.

And, those self check out counters. It's a cost savings to the store. So, why didn't the prices come down? I refuse to use them too. Pay the people!!
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#104642 - 10/06/09 06:41 PM Re: There you go! [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
VampyreBowler Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 45/Male/Thurmont, MD
Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
I concur. Fast food clerks really grind my gears nowadays.

I did my time there...5 1/2 years...though I would not get promoted.... had long hair and wore earrings

#104650 - 10/06/09 10:47 PM Re: There you go! [Re: VampyreBowler]
JackZ Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 59/M/Cleveland, Ohio
Greeters at stores. Imo I think they're hired by corporations to show "We're fair to old people, we don't discriminate...see?" Walmart has a heart;)

Better swing, more accuracy, and more spares.
A 200 avg. before summer.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
After 8onths my centre has finally reopened
by looseleftie - 11/28/20 05:10 PM
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 11/28/20 01:37 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.