BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#104456 - 10/03/09 11:51 PM Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
I made this up to share with my Friends and family, and since we are family here thought you might want to put a face to my post about him. No need for the blessings you all have already done that.

[video:myspace]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=63811949[/video]

Mutant Cell

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#104458 - 10/04/09 02:07 AM Re: Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan [Re: Rocket]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Really cool. Prayers and thoughts for his safety.

Although they are not myown, I have had 2 nephews serving in Iraq and Afganastan. 1 is on his third tour over there.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#104461 - 10/04/09 08:42 AM Re: Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan [Re: Dennis Michael]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Rocket, thank you for sharing that. It choked me up. I can't help but pray for blessings. God bless you, your family, your son in Afghanistan, and all our soldiers that fight to preserve our freedoms. May they be successful in their missions, and return safely to their families.

My father and two older brothers were Marines. Life would be very different for my family if they had not returned safely from their tours of duty. I also have a nephew currently abroad doing intelligence work. We are all praying for him, too.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#104463 - 10/04/09 10:17 AM Re: Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan [Re: Joe Bowler]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
I hope your son returns well and whole.

Being a Vietnam era Air Force vet, I can only imagine how difficult it is to see one's children placed in harms way by the powers that be.

Reservists and National guardsmen who were sent to Iraq often lost their jobs and houses while on their tours. There are a quarter of a million veterans who, at some point during the year, are homeless ( NCHV ).

Let's hope that someday mankind world will put down our petty differences and come together in peace and harmony.

"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#104469 - 10/04/09 02:00 PM Re: Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan [Re: 10PinGaloot]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thank you all, and yes it is a pity how our soldiers get treated when they get home or while they are deployed. A friend of mine was injured in Iraq and when he got home His wifes insurance had to pay for the treatment and then the govt picked up the 20% her insurance didn't pay.

His injuries are non life threatening thank God (Both knee's broke in a rocket attack) but will bother him the rest of his life.

I just don't understand why sports, movie stars etc. get paid millions and soldiers get treated like second class citizens.

Dont get me wrong I love our country but things like this are discouraging.
Mutant Cell

#104491 - 10/04/09 08:53 PM Re: Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan [Re: Rocket]
Justinmill14 Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 18/male/Tennessee
Prayers and thoughts are with your son and all of the soldiers over there.
Cell Pearl
Furious
Reign
Natural
Hammer Onyx Vibe
Columbia 300 Outburst

#104536 - 10/05/09 11:34 AM Re: Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan [Re: Justinmill14]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Rocket, I am with you that soldiers are treated rather poorly while they are deployed (at home). My dad is a vet (marines) and was deployed during Grenada (sp?), while he was over there his checks stopped being deposited into my mother and his account and she had no money. She had to turn off the electricity at their house in order to buy food to eat, and she lived off of uncooked cookie dough and hardees biscuits (she worked there, they ate free) during that time. She also had a gym membership that was a gift from a previous birthday where she could take a warm shower because of the lack of power at the house. It took almost 6 months for them to work out the payment problems while my dad was serving the country overseas and my mom was pretty much on the street.

I hope all will be well with your son, he is doing a great thing for this country and we would not have the privaledge of being on this site (or bowling) if it was not for their great sacrifices!
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#104558 - 10/05/09 02:22 PM Re: Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan [Re: sk8shorty01]
warhog19 Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 49/m/Germany
Rocket, I spent 22 years in Army and one of those years in A'stan. Most of that year was in Kunar and Ghazni. I assure you nothing is more sustaining than a proud Family! I hope to meet you both on the high ground! Hooah!
Storm Rapid Fire #15
Roto Grip Rogue Cell #15
Hammer Razyr #15
Brunswick T-zone #14

HG 253
HS 661
AVG 202

#104579 - 10/05/09 10:43 PM Re: Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan [Re: warhog19]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Again, Thank you all and warhog thanks for your service, It is a strange feeling to be so proud of someone and so worried at the same time.

He does get to call on occasion and when he does he and the ones I here in the background sound very upbeat so that is a comfort.

He is an MP attached to the 82nd, they way I understand it the 82nd clears houses while the MP's cover the streets then my sons unit moves the prisoners to the prison base's. Then hook back up with the 82nd. He has an old timer as he calls him as a friend in the 82nd that assures me he will not let anything happen to my son while he is there.
Mutant Cell

#104676 - 10/07/09 09:44 AM Re: Slide show tribute to my son in Afganistan [Re: Rocket]
dante21 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 26/m/IN
It's disgusting how our troops are treated. There are people every day that protest the troops, and they don't realize. If it wasn't for the troops they wouldn't be able to protest anything. I thank God every day we have people who will go fight battles some of us can't. I get to sleep in a comfy bed, warm and safe. While half the time they don't even get to sleep. I have a bad day at work and think it's the end of the world. They are being shot at, and protecting my right to even type on this site. My prayers are with all those that stand guard for us that can't, and those who won't. I know he knows this Rocket but let your son know there are millions of people grateful for the job he does. Tell him to keep his head low.

Current Avg. 165
High Game 221
High Series 585

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 01/12/21 05:35 PM
We encountered a problem. error
by BOSStull - 01/10/21 02:56 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2021 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.