BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#103823 - 09/25/09 07:28 PM Kegel's "Winding Road" Oil Pattern
bowlerchic1 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 29/F/ID/USA
Howdy Ya'll!

So I'm bowling in this tournament tomorrow, and it seems like the best answers to my questions about oil patterns comes from you guys...So, there putting down the Kegel's "Winding Road" oil pattern for the tournament...39 feet of oil. I think this is one of the only pattern's I haven't bowled on, and I'm trying to figure out the best surfaces for my balls. I throw the ball about average speed, but get alot of revs....Long oil has always been my powerhouse, but I seem to struggle a little more on medium oil, and I think it may have something to do with using a squiggly ball if you know what I mean, goes too long and snaps too hard, so I've figured that out. My question is, has anyone bowled on this pattern before with success? What type of ball/ball surface worked for you? I'm trying to tweek my equipment to where every ball does something a little different, but that doesn't always work. I don't have a way of posting a video of myself, but hoped I could get the help I need by the info I gave. Tips would be great!! Thanks alot guys!

Cori

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#103825 - 09/25/09 07:54 PM Re: Kegel's "Winding Road" Oil Pattern [Re: bowlerchic1]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
First of all, good luck and good bowling. I'm jealous because I will be stuck doing yard work all weekend.

Below is a link to the Kegel pattern library. There are graphs, details, and tips throughout.
http://www.kegel.net/patternlibrary/kegel-navigation-patterns.htm

My suggestion is to learn everything you can about the pattern. Then when it's time to bowl...forget about it, trust your ball reaction, and win!

I have seen too many bowlers expect a pattern to play a certain way, and make adjustments based on that instead of what their ball was doing.

During practice, be sure to throw a few balls outside, inside, and in-between. If you find it dry outside and wet inside, expect some big numbers.

House: 239
Sport: 198

16# Sync, Byte, IQ Tour Edition, Hy-Road, Pitch Black, Natural Pearl, Ice

Advice is offered free, as-is, for info only, not a substitute for prof. assistance

#103839 - 09/25/09 09:35 PM Re: Kegel's "Winding Road" Oil Pattern [Re: Joe Bowler]
bowlerchic1 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 29/F/ID/USA
Yup I've expected patterns, and even practiced on them for weeks, then when the time came i was so obsessed with the pattern that I totally bombed the tournament...so I see what you're saying, and I'm working on that:) sorry you gotta do yardwork, say a prayer for me while you're at it!! Thanks for the tips.

#103843 - 09/25/09 09:50 PM Re: Kegel's "Winding Road" Oil Pattern [Re: bowlerchic1]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
My Dull Dynamic Power and I would love this pattern. Exit the oil at 13, and roll out to 8, then crush the pocket.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#103856 - 09/26/09 01:55 AM Re: Kegel's "Winding Road" Oil Pattern [Re: bowlerchic1]
SportBowler Joe Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 56/M/SoCal-RH
We are currently bowling on this pattern for the next 6 weeks (8 week rounds). So far my scores have been like a Winding Road: ie 225, 170, 211 you get the picture. I've tried several different lines (after 2 weeks & 8 games) probably for me (a tweener)to be the most consistant, play around 3rd arrow. I started out playing the gutter on week 1 with good sucess until the transision change then I did not fare too well, so in week 2 I started moving left trying something different every game till I saw some sucess. It is really a challenging pattern that I enjoy trying to figure out.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Tournaments 2013-2014
by Joe Bowler - Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Brunswick sold
by BIGHMW - Yesterday at 10:07 PM
Summer Leagues 2014 thread
by svengali - Yesterday at 09:53 PM
Sign-up for Fall '14 V-league open (close 8/17)
by mmalsed - Yesterday at 04:23 PM
No interest in PBA Experience Leagues
by VampyreBowler - Yesterday at 01:55 PM
The Sinister Unfolds
by SteveH - 07/26/14 12:58 PM
2013-2014 Honor Scores
by BOSStull - 07/26/14 08:46 AM
Add Bowling Revs By Adding Lag
by BOSStull - 07/26/14 07:57 AM
Very Strange Ball Track Problem
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/14 02:05 PM
Resurfacing the Storm Byte
by djp1080 - 07/23/14 11:55 PM
Trying to understand this statement
by SteveH - 07/23/14 10:24 PM
Any rules on speed of play?
by SteveH - 07/22/14 04:17 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.