BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101303 - 08/24/09 09:07 AM Rule discussion from local PBA League
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Rule 9, 1 says: If more than one player on the same team bowls on the wrong lane in turn, that game will be completed without adjustment. Any succeeding game must be started on the correctly scheduled lane.

Situation: Bowler 1 bowled on the wrong lane. Bowler 2 followed on the wrong lane. Then the error was noticed. This rule was pulled out.

All agreed that the results of the 2 bowlers would stand and not have to be re-bowled. But, the discussion centered around where the 3rd bowler was to bowl.

The discussion was over the phrase, "that game will be completed without adjustment."

Does this mean, completed without adjusting the original 2 bowler's scores?
Or, does this mean all succeeding bowlers must bowl on the wrong lane for the completion of the game?
2 Officials differed on the quoted rule.
Official 1 said the third bowler must follow on the wrong lane and the team is to continue bowling on the wrong lanes until the completion of the game.

Official 2 said the third bowler was to bowl on the correct lane and the results of the first 2 bowlers were to stand as bowled.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#101305 - 08/24/09 09:19 AM Re: Rule discussion from local PBA League [Re: Dennis Michael]
dmoney298 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 27/M/Baltimore, MD
I can see the confusion because the rule is not worded very well. But I would think that you would bowl on the correct lane after the first two bowled on the wrong lane. Otherwise you would be doing a score correction after every bowler because they are on the wrong lane everytime.

#101312 - 08/24/09 10:16 AM Re: Rule discussion from local PBA League [Re: dmoney298]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
So this means that if I bowl on the wrong lane and strike, I need to have the bowler after me hurry up and go before the other team notices...

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#101314 - 08/24/09 10:25 AM Re: Rule discussion from local PBA League [Re: cgeorg]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

You got it.

I have done this before when a weak bowler bowled on wrong lane and struck. I was next, and hurried up.

#101330 - 08/24/09 05:24 PM Re: Rule discussion from local PBA League [Re: Dennis Michael]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

OK, so for your info. Should the scenario ever happen to one of you, the correct procedure to follow is that the 3rd bowler continues on the wrong lane, and that continues until the game finishes. The next game starts on the lane that it was originally scheduled.

After a 30 minute discussion, bringing in a third official, and a few phone calls, this was the decision that was put into play.

There was no concern regarding the scoring system, as it seems the rule was initiated when scores were done in pencil.

#101353 - 08/25/09 01:14 AM Re: Rule discussion from local PBA League [Re: Dennis Michael]
greggas Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: m/columbus, ohio
this is from the rule book, hope it helps:

9. Bowling on Wrong Lane

In league or tournament play, a dead ball shall be called and the player or players required to rebowl on the correct lane when:

a. One player bowls on the wrong lane.

b. One player from each team on the pair of lanes bowls on the wrong lane.

If more than one player on the same team bowls on the wrong lane in turn, all deliveries stand as bowled. Upon discovery, bowlers shall complete subsequent frames on the correct lanes.

In singles match play competition, where a player normally bowls two frames each time it is the player’s turn to bowl, and the player bowls on the wrong lanes, a dead ball shall be called and the player required to rebowl on the correct lanes, providing the error was discovered before the opposing player has made a delivery. Otherwise, the score stands as bowled, with all subsequent frames in the game bowled on the correct lanes.

USBC# 1840-6702

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLwkXynB73M4IevAEa6TchkZSAeBr50Hs

"2 wrongs don't make a right,...... but 3 lefts do"

#101706 - 08/31/09 04:39 AM Re: Rule discussion from local PBA League [Re: greggas]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

greggas, thanks for posting this. This is a change in the new rule book '09, which I was just issued last week, and unfortunately, no one had at the time of discussion.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - Today at 12:48 AM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 07/13/19 10:08 AM
Bowling Ball Hall of Fame
by BOSStull - 07/13/19 10:03 AM
2019 Summer Leagues
by champ - 07/09/19 12:23 AM
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by champ - 07/09/19 12:12 AM
So the 3-unit oil rule is dead.
by wronghander - 06/24/19 11:47 PM
tennis elbow
by TheDemolitionMan - 06/24/19 10:34 AM
Creative Bowling Solutions Power Finger Grips
by MNsportsfan - 06/24/19 09:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.