BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#100022 - 08/08/09 04:10 PM Reconmended Finger Pitches.....
Rob183 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 34/m/Miami, Fl
I have about 1/8 reverse on my thumb hole. With an 1/8 right.. I was wondering what is the recommended on the fingers.. My span is about 4 1/2 or a little less of the relax fitting. Right now my fingers are reversed and I am coming out the ball super fast and coming around it.. I am more like spinning the ball.. Track is now father away from the thumb.. So I am feeling like the pitches are off.. I think the fingers are pitched about an 1/8 or more forward... So moving it back to zero could help or is it something else...

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#100025 - 08/08/09 05:36 PM Re: Reconmended Finger Pitches..... [Re: Rob183]
TenPin_ Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 32/M/TX
You say you have reverse but then say you think it is 1/8 forward...I'm guessing you meant reverse. 1/8th reverse isn't much, though whether or not it is right for you is hard to say without seeing your fingers.

Based on your description it sounds more like a wrist / release problem. If the ball is spinning and you have a low track, that is usually a case of heaving a weak wrist at release. This can be caused by a number of things. With your ball in hand, hanging at your side, with your arm relaxed, can you curl your wrist and hold the ball in that position for a count of 10? If not you will need to work on wrist strength, if you can do this then there is something else happening prior to release that is causing you to break your wrist back. The best way to figure out what is going on is to post a video (or see a coach in person).

Edit: Just watched your video that was posted a couple months ago. It's pretty dark and hard to tell, but it looks like at the release you are on the side and slightly on top of the ball. Do you still pull the ball up and let your elbow fly out like that? Or do you have that kink worked out some? Can you post a new video (hopefully with better lighting!)?

#100027 - 08/08/09 06:02 PM Re: Reconmended Finger Pitches..... [Re: TenPin_]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Rob, the spinning is probably NOT from your fingers. It is most likely from your wrist turning before the release. Early rotation does cause a spin.

On finger pitches, it depends on your finger. My ring finger is 0 pitch, however, my middle finger is reverse 1/4 due to slight arthritis.

Just remember, a forward finger pitch will equate to a stretched span.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#100030 - 08/08/09 06:32 PM Re: Reconmended Finger Pitches..... [Re: Dennis Michael]
Rob183 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 34/m/Miami, Fl
OK, my finger pitches are reversed and my thumb is reversed also.. I also have a relaxed span due to the fact that when I was stretched out my hand would hurt. The Pro Shop operator said since my hand is already in the relaxed position my fingers should not be reversed. He also told me this is causing me to lose lift and my hand is more open so that causes me come around the ball faster. In which I was feeling when I just got this ball drilled.. I have pretty much corrected my arm ever since I have put up that video.. It is almost straight and now I can feel when something is wrong.. Also my fingers was at zero some time ago and I used to feel more hit on the ball on my ring finger.. Now all the pressure has gone to the middle finger ever since the drill. So maybe with that info you can give me more insight..

#100038 - 08/08/09 07:49 PM Re: Reconmended Finger Pitches..... [Re: Rob183]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
If you use finger grips, try the oval pro lift grips rather than changing your pitch. You should feel that in your release rather than changing our pitch.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#100048 - 08/08/09 09:37 PM Re: Reconmended Finger Pitches..... [Re: Dennis Michael]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
I feel the ball more on my middle finger than my ring finger when I do it right.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 03:59 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 01:06 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Vic44 - 08/04/18 10:41 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
End of Days
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:41 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.