BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#84211 - 03/15/09 02:40 PM Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend [Re: CoachJim]
Chubbs Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 30/M/Niceville, FL
Amateur-
Viper pattern, which is a favorite of mine. I had great looks from multiple angles with multiple balls in practice on Friday, but Saturday was different. I'd never bowled in that house before, and it turned out to be a very high friction synthetic. I think every ball I used is going to need a resurface because the track is so burnt.

The lane courtesy isn't as complex as it sounds. When it's your turn, you wait for the person on your pair opposite you to bowl, then wait for someone on the pairs either side of you. If you leave a spare, that cycle starts all over. Not that cosmic, but wow is it slow. The eight game block took 6 hours yesterday.

Coach-
No big names came out for the tourney. Learned recently that we have a Silver level coach/IPBSIA Pro Shop guy in the area about an hour away, so I'm going visit him soon. I tried following the crowd left with transition, and I found that the further left we went, the more inconsistent my reaction became. The breakdown happened so fast that I was really struggling to keep up with it. I'd leave an 8 or 9, change hand position on the next shot to smooth out the backend, and then leave a pocket 7-10 or 5-7 etc. Change hand position back, move in, and then leave a 2-10. As I moved deeper, it felt like I couldn't keep my fingers in the ball long enough to apply the revs needed to get the ball to recover since the breakpoint stayed around 5 for the whole block. Tried tightening the fingers with tape to no avail, perhaps a pitch adjustment? I don't think I'll stop bowling altogether, but I'm such a mess right now that it's tough to get excited about it. This, too, shall pass though I'm sure thumbsup.

Quintana...that creep can roll, man. -Dude

Wow, that ball hit like it was plastic. -Jeff Carter

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
PBA South Region Tourney this weekend Chubbs 03/10/09 10:13 AM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend Calvin Pistorio 03/10/09 05:53 PM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend kwik8 03/11/09 12:13 AM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend Jay R. 03/11/09 12:28 AM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend Chubbs 03/14/09 11:31 PM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend Jay R. 03/15/09 01:10 AM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend CoachJim 03/15/09 07:04 AM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend Chubbs 03/15/09 02:40 PM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend kwik8 03/15/09 03:11 PM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend CoachJim 03/15/09 07:57 PM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend Chubbs 03/15/09 10:49 PM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend CoachJim 03/16/09 05:48 AM
Re: PBA South Region Tourney this weekend sk8shorty01 03/17/09 01:52 PM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.