BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83239 - 03/07/09 05:35 AM Re: fix my swing [Re: uniqueblinds]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Let's break it down step by step.

1. Your set up, you are holding the ball a bit low, unless you are trying to throw the ball slow, hold it a bit higher. Elbow height should be your medium setting, ball higher than your elbow for faster speed, lower for slower. I would also like to see your head over your right foot just a pinch more so the ball is between your head and your right foot.

2. First step looks pretty good, I can't see your feet in the shot, so I will assume your foot started straight toward your target.

3. Second step, the ball should have started forward with your left hand taking the weight of the ball forward and slightly upward. Your ball is already leaking off to the right before you have even started it.

4. Third step the ball has just started and a foot off to the right of where it should be. Keep that elbow in tight to your body. If you look, the ball is not swinging, you are pulling it. This usually indicates a bad ball fit to where you have to squeeze the ball to hang onto it, you should never have to squeeze the ball to hang onto it, see your Pro Shop if this is the case. The ball should be behind you in your third step just past your right hip. This step goes off to the left, my guess is to allow the ball to pass your right hip. Starting the ball a step earlier will solve this I think.

5. 4th step, the ball is still going back, it should be at the top of the back swing when the right foot compresses. The right foot is now diving back to the right to make up for the left foot stepping off to the left on the previous shot, again starting the ball with the first right foot step should solve this. The ball should be dead in line with your head and the target, you can see that the entire ball and then some is to the left of your head. Again, letting the ball swing your arm nice and easy and starting it with your right foot should solve this.

6. The slide is way back to the right, the ball is so far out to the right that you are having to pull it back to hit your target. It went from way left at the top of the back swing to way right on the way down to way left again at the release, you might want to fix this before you tear a rotator cuff. You are bending from the waist trying to force the ball out to the right, the key here is you are "TRYING" instead of just letting it happen. You are going to have to turn your inner control freak off if you want to get ahead in bowling.

Good luck, post another video when you are ready.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
fix my swing uniqueblinds 03/03/09 07:21 PM
Re: fix my swing willypbowler1 03/03/09 08:05 PM
Re: fix my swing TheDemolitionMan 03/03/09 10:53 PM
Re: fix my swing uniqueblinds 03/04/09 02:01 AM
Re: fix my swing Dennis Michael 03/04/09 02:18 AM
Re: fix my swing CoachJim 03/04/09 05:47 AM
Re: fix my swing uniqueblinds 03/04/09 12:45 PM
Re: fix my swing uniqueblinds 03/04/09 05:31 PM
Re: fix my swing uniqueblinds 03/05/09 10:25 PM
Re: fix my swing CoachJim 03/06/09 05:20 AM
Re: fix my swing Dennis Michael 03/06/09 07:43 AM
Re: fix my swing sk8shorty01 03/06/09 09:18 AM
Re: fix my swing uniqueblinds 03/07/09 12:43 AM
Re: fix my swing Anonymous 03/07/09 04:40 AM
Re: fix my swing CoachJim 03/07/09 05:35 AM
Re: fix my swing uniqueblinds 03/07/09 06:30 PM
Re: fix my swing Anonymous 03/07/09 06:31 PM
Re: fix my swing uniqueblinds 03/07/09 07:01 PM
Re: fix my swing juggss6 03/07/09 08:40 PM
Re: fix my swing uniqueblinds 03/08/09 01:10 PM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Ultimate Adjustable Thumb
by EdW - Today at 05:53 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 04:35 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 06/27/20 09:00 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 06/24/20 02:10 PM
Quitting my League
by mmalsed - 06/22/20 12:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 06/20/20 05:06 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.