BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6981 - 11/15/05 07:50 PM Lane Maintenance
kagekikr Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34/M/Michigan
When I thought about writing this post, I had to contemplate what forum to put this in. It involves a situation that happened last night in my Monday night League, but it deals with Physical/Mental Game & Lane Conditions. Anyway, we were bowling on lanes 15 & 16 and it didn't take long for us to notice that lane 16 was, well, screwed up. The sweep on the lane had a mind of its own and frequently came down when the ball was about 30 feet down the lane. So, being in a 24 team league in a 24 lane house, we just had to suck it up and tough it out. To make it worse, the several times that the ball hit the sweep, the pit guy came down onto the pin deck and slid out onto our lane 5 or 6 feet to push the ball back up the channel! 3rd game, I have the front 6 and I had to step off the approach 3 times because the sweep came down before I could get my ball off. When I finally was able to get the shot off, solid ten. Whoops, missed the spare, ended with 265 and a 717 series. I know, I shot pretty darn good, thumbsup so why complain. I was able to block things out and focus pretty well, but it was apparant that several guys were VERY upset and "is the rack coming down?" was on their minds every time they stepped on the lanes. The thing that REALLY upsets me is that this morning, I talked with my mom, who said that she bowled on that same pair last Friday, and the same thing was happening. So, let me get this straight, the management has known about this problem for AT LEAST four days, hasn't fixed it, brickwall AND doesn't even have the common courtesy to give the bowling on these lanes a heads up to what's going on. I know that lanes break down, but c'mon? What do you think? And what kind of stories do you have to share?
Elite Blue Alien
Brunswick Scorchin' Inferno
Brunswick Inferno
Brunswick Plastic "Spare" Ball

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Lane Maintenance kagekikr 11/15/05 07:50 PM
Re: Lane Maintenance Atochabsh 11/15/05 08:06 PM
Re: Lane Maintenance MADDOG 11/16/05 02:09 PM
Re: Lane Maintenance kagekikr 11/16/05 04:01 PM
Re: Lane Maintenance Diesel bowler 11/18/05 06:38 AM
Re: Lane Maintenance Sheldon 11/18/05 01:09 PM
Re: Lane Maintenance jpruett2002 11/23/05 10:46 PM
Re: Lane Maintenance Sheldon 11/24/05 01:09 PM
Re: Lane Maintenance jpruett2002 11/25/05 11:04 PM
Re: Lane Maintenance Atochabsh 11/26/05 06:28 PM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 12:46 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.