BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6506 - 03/16/06 02:37 PM Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced
stuckmehere Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 49/M/RH/Omaha
I have read all the previous posts and agree with most that scores today are not necessarily indicative of skill or talent. As a bowler who has in the last 30 years seen many changes, I can always remember technology or doctoring balls as a part of the game of bowling. How many times have I seen people break out illegal devices to sand, clean or polish a surface to affect change in a bowling ball during league and tournament play. Coverstocks and weight blocks have changed but drilling a ball to benefit your game is nothing new. Bowlers will always try and gain an advantage because bowling generates prizes and cash, whether it is a pot or a patch pride is unfortunately only one part of winning. There are puritans out there that think Walter Ray (when) he passes Earl doesn't deserve it because of the ball technology. Face it folks you still have to throw the darn thing. I have thrown 750 with a purple "Angle" and 140 with a "Big One". They are not magic. I will not disagree with what you see on the lanes, fat guys who drink beer all sorts of people who have varying styles shapes and sizes. Isn't that what is really cool about bowling, anyone with a ball and some shoes can do it. What are leagues really about but getting together with friends on a Friday night and having some fun. Competition is a good thing and it will always be a part of bowling. Just choose your battles BRO(or SIS)! If the fat drunk is beating you and you have experience and have been coached and study the game of bowling, then that's your fault. Knowlege is power, that's why your here! The fat drunk (myself excluded) isn't reading this. There will always be those who try and buy their way into the game. Ask Barry Bonds about all those home runs. I say who cares if honor scores go up, good for them, I have been bowling for 30 years and I have come close many times but still dont have a perfect game thus my sign in name. I don't ever remember saying to someone who has a 300 but was any of your shots a brooklyn? I just congratulate them. Some of you need to throttle back and Change the game where it counts, make the City Tournaments shot difficult. Soak the "Nationals" shot( I guarantee it will be anyway). Change the State Tournaments to include no plugs or holes and include your label. That's where it matters. I could care less if I run into a guy that has a 220 on a house shot. I ask him when the last time he ever bowled somewhere else or God-forbid a traveling league? When Brian Voss won his last title making it 24 years and 24 titles did anyone go OH but he did it on a Cheetah pattern. NO. I love this game as I am sure all of you do. Every dog has his day, I just wannabeperfect once.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Ball Specs Decisions Announced Angel 07/28/05 11:36 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced stroker2005 07/28/05 07:40 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Atochabsh 07/29/05 12:50 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Darrell 07/29/05 06:37 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Angel 07/29/05 09:21 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Atochabsh 07/29/05 10:11 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Darrell 07/29/05 12:04 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Atochabsh 07/29/05 03:46 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Angel 07/29/05 06:11 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced The GDF 08/02/05 04:50 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced BillinPhilly 11/07/05 06:15 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced ExBronxiteBowler 11/12/05 03:08 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Atochabsh 11/13/05 01:12 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Don Smith 12/03/05 02:31 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Lefty 01/02/06 11:49 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Kevin Frantz 03/16/06 08:15 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced stuckmehere 03/16/06 02:37 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Bama Slamma 03/16/06 04:30 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Kevin Frantz 03/16/06 07:45 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced SportBowler Joe 03/19/06 10:10 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Lefty 03/20/06 05:24 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced SportBowler Joe 03/21/06 02:26 AM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by Mkirchie - 05/28/20 10:19 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.