BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6501 - 11/12/05 03:08 AM Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced
ExBronxiteBowler Offline
PBA Senior Bowler

A/S/L: M 66 Staten Island, NY
<Quote> Personally, I don't think the changes go far enough. I think a 200 average SHOULD mean something and SHOULD have to be worked for and earned - not bought out of a box. And I, for one, would like to see more of these rules, and I'd like to see them applied to leagues, too, not just tournaments. And not just changes to bowling balls, but also oil patterns and pin weight, too. It's a combination of all 3, and this issue is only going to be resolved by changing all 3 - ball <end quote>

Thats all fine and good, however, given the mindset of current league bowlers, you will destroy your league base in order to bring back intregrity back into bowling.... The biggest culprit is the OIL PATTERNS.... In the ABC Nationals, US Open, ABC Masters, the same high end equipment and pins are used as is during league and yet the scores are much lower... why? Because the oil pattern is not very forgiving.... Moreover, a team of players can open up thier pair very nicely if they all play about the same shot and make moves together as a team... The same moves. A skilled player can make a track shot seem like its a very easy shot...

I, personally, would have beat you back in the early 70's, mid 70's, late 70's, 80's 90's and now. The only difference would be how high the scores are. In the mid 70's I LOVED dry lanes, I threw very hard and very straight and averaged 185-190 back when that was a respectable average. I recall in my old house in The Bronx bowling action and bowling on certain pairs and averaging 220 on that one easy pair back then... and bowling on other pairs and struggling to bowl my average. In those days, each LANE was different becuase of the grain of the wood, never mind having pairs that are different.... you didn't complain, you adjusted to the lane.

It would be nice if we could get bowling back to that era, but that is never going to happen. The cat has been let out of the bag by the abc and nothing will bring it back. You can neutralize the scores using tougher oil patterns, but someone will find a way of scoring well on it. Persoanly, I'd rather see very little hold area with more swing area since I can create hold by how I line up, and how I play the lanes...

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Ball Specs Decisions Announced Angel 07/28/05 11:36 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced stroker2005 07/28/05 07:40 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Atochabsh 07/29/05 12:50 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Darrell 07/29/05 06:37 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Angel 07/29/05 09:21 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Atochabsh 07/29/05 10:11 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Darrell 07/29/05 12:04 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Atochabsh 07/29/05 03:46 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Angel 07/29/05 06:11 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced The GDF 08/02/05 04:50 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced BillinPhilly 11/07/05 06:15 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced ExBronxiteBowler 11/12/05 03:08 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Atochabsh 11/13/05 01:12 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Don Smith 12/03/05 02:31 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Lefty 01/02/06 11:49 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Kevin Frantz 03/16/06 08:15 AM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced stuckmehere 03/16/06 02:37 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Bama Slamma 03/16/06 04:30 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Kevin Frantz 03/16/06 07:45 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced SportBowler Joe 03/19/06 10:10 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced Lefty 03/20/06 05:24 PM
Re: Ball Specs Decisions Announced SportBowler Joe 03/21/06 02:26 AM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by Mkirchie - 05/28/20 10:19 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.