BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#59697 - 06/22/08 01:05 AM Future Nationals Thoughts
KleenStriker300 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 40/M/Iowa
First of all, I think the news about Orlando is awesome. It sounds like Disney is going to go all out and build one heck of an impressive bowling stadium (100 lanes!).
Orlando and Reno are going to be locks every third year. Now, on the other side of this great news coin is the fact that only one other city every three years will be able to host the national tourney. It would be nice if it could be a midwestern-ish state that every third year. I think for a while you will see a great interest in this new set up, but after a while I'm sure several will find that it is too costly to make the long trips and maybe even start to become a little redundant going to the same cities two out of every three years.
I'm not a "nay-sayer", I'm just playing devil's advocate.
I know of people who no longer bowl in nationals now because it seems like they are always so far away.
All in all, this deal down in Florida is a BIG deal in the world of bowling. It is going to be impressive. I would just like to see that third year location be somewhere in the middle states (the states from Colorado to Ohio, Texas to Minnesota, for example)to keep everybody interested and coming back year after year.
Thank you USBC and let's keep 'em coming to Nationals.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Future Nationals Thoughts KleenStriker300 06/22/08 01:05 AM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts CoachJim 06/22/08 09:24 AM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts okorimbo 06/24/08 01:54 AM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts Dennis Michael 06/24/08 04:48 AM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts CoachJim 06/24/08 06:28 AM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts General Pounder 06/24/08 10:16 AM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts CoachJim 06/24/08 12:48 PM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts General Pounder 06/24/08 12:53 PM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts CoachJim 06/24/08 01:16 PM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts General Pounder 06/24/08 01:19 PM
Re: Future Nationals Thoughts desertdog71 06/24/08 02:46 PM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 09/12/19 12:24 AM
USBC Rule 12
by Dennis Michael - 09/10/19 07:26 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Mkirchie - 09/03/19 03:33 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.