BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195558 - 10/15/16 08:09 PM Re: Audio on CBSSN Telecasts [Re: wronghander]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
I myself never paid much attention to the Fall Swing, as it airs while I am at work, but how about the poor prize funding, where the winner of each event got only $10,000. This is absolutely ridiculous for the top players in the world to be paid 1968 prize money here in 2016.

Back in 1968, $10,000 could buy you a brand new 1968 Cadillac with some options as well, but now, I won't be nearly enough for even a Kia or a Hyundai, maybe a nice down payment on one but that's about it.

...and this is the same ownership of the PBA that took over in 2000-01 and revamped the prize fund with both a minimum total purse of $200,000 and $40,000 of it going to the champion, and all 4 majors had a minimum first place check of $100,000 ($120,000 at the PBA World Championship).

But now, even with our custom High 5 Gear jerseys and bowling balls featuring the latest and greatest technology available to the players (and those same players are in far better shape and take better care of themselves unlike yours truly here at 50 years old as I write this), and no major media source ever mentioning a peep about the Tour and who won every week, let alone any telecasts from the "big-four", "normal" (not cable, as cable is the minor leagues of TV) networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, or FOX), this is inexcusable for our tour to even get to the point of the networks not being allowed to mention any monetary amounts our players are bowling for.

This ownership has become a disappointment over the past 10 years, when prize fund and the champion's share of it have dropped drastically and now it's getting to the point where I probably will stop watching the telecasts altogether.

What is it gonna take to get more viewers under 50 to the telecasts???

Perhaps maybe PDW should get arrested for either a DUI or a DV situation, or maybe Kelly Kulick should release a wedding night video like Tonya Harding did 20 years ago, or perhaps maybe Scott Norton could get on Ellen (there was even a lobby a few years back by some in that community to get him on that show), that in its own right would've been great for the PBA and would've shown the true diversity of the players on our Tour. OR, maybe Sean Rash should throw yet another water bottle fight at Belmo (Oh wait, that was already tried by the PBA to jack up the failing Nielsen ratings back then and it didn't work, did it???)

....and finally this all leads to our players becoming almost innocuous and even non-existant in the mainstream sports world, nobody knows who PDW, Chris Barnes, Belmo or Sean Rash are, even when I'm rockin' one of my 8 custom PBA League jerseys or even my 12 Danny Wiseman button-down biker shirts like those very same ones he wore on his last 12 TV appearances (from 2002-09).

Like this DW shirt I picked up a few years back

...and even this custom one I had High 5 Gear do for me

And also, has anyone noticed on the PBA website that they only have 5 sponsors, with Barbasol, GEICO, and HotelPlanner.com being the only non-bowling-specific sponsors. I hate to say this but nobody's gonna watch a telecast, especially a taped one at that, on a minor league (cable) network that chooses to go up against the NFL/NBA/PGA/Nascar juggernaut on the Big-Four networks every Sunday.

I also hate to tell the PBA this, but, from now on instead of me and Alice watching the telecast when it airs, I'll just wait until either Jeffro Bodine or BowlingVideos4All (I am already subscribed to both of their channels) uploads it a few hours later on either YouTube or Dailymotion. Sorry PBA, but if it weren't for those two YouTube users your Tour would go down in flames much like the original PWBA did in 2003, you're lucky that we watch them on YouTube on demand instead of inconveniencing our lives to watch the airing at 1:00 pm ET/10:00 am PT on ESPN.....

.....and get rid of those stupid As Seen On TV infomercials, most of them get blocked by the TV providers (mine is Dish) with their own ads instead anyways!!!
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Audio on CBSSN Telecasts Mkirchie 09/23/16 11:19 AM
Re: Audio on CBSSN Telecasts wronghander 09/23/16 11:33 PM
Re: Audio on CBSSN Telecasts BIGHMW 10/15/16 08:09 PM
Re: Audio on CBSSN Telecasts 82Boat69 10/15/16 08:16 PM
Re: Audio on CBSSN Telecasts Mkirchie 10/15/16 10:19 PM
Re: Audio on CBSSN Telecasts goobee 10/16/16 05:34 PM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 08/22/19 03:14 PM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.