BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187250 - 05/04/14 01:03 AM Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? [Re: SteveH]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Way to go Belmo! I too, much like you, want to see the great SPORT of bowling make it in this time and age. I know how hard it has been for either the PBA or the USBC to obtain non-bowling industry sponsors, and I was hoping that there would've been a U.S. Open this year, but with the news of the bomb-dropping of both this year's and next year's events, I am beginning to believe more and more that our great sport (at least as a professional level) is doomed here in the U.S..

If the money truly is better to bowl over in Europe than more power to all of you guys (and gals) to make the trip across the pond so all of you can maintain your professional status as ATHLETES, in which we bowlers are, and still be able to pay the bills.

...and another thing, if the PBA really is going to shorten up its schedule and tighten its wallet, they should just scrap TV altogether and simply broadcast the events LIVE exclusively on their Xtra Frame service, I'll be willing to pay to get it (once I move into a new household like tentatively planned for August 31st), hey, it's either that or the WWE Network, which also is a web/smart-phone-app only service, but the guys here at this board all think (and I'm beginning to agree with most of them) that the internet is both the now and the future, hey, if we can download Cindy Margolis from it, then why can't we watch Xtra Frame???

Cable and Satellite Television will soon go by the way of the buffalo, much like "rabbit-ears" free OTA TV (and radio) already has, and if the PBA and the USBC don't get their heads out of their collective duffs, we will soon lose our sport and our lane heroes too. CANCEL your TV contracts with those third tier networks such as CBSSN and poor time slots like on ESPN and just go exclusively LIVE ONLINE on Xtra Frame, The future is NOW!!! The WWE did it with the WWE Network, why can't you???
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? BIGHMW 05/01/14 08:41 PM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? BIGHMW 05/01/14 11:37 PM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? Fin09 05/02/14 10:51 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? champ 05/02/14 01:33 PM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? champ 05/03/14 05:50 PM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? SteveH 05/03/14 06:00 PM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? SteveH 05/03/14 07:04 PM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? BIGHMW 05/04/14 01:03 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? Joe Bowler 05/04/14 04:38 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? SteveH 05/04/14 09:03 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? BIGHMW 05/04/14 10:25 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? BOSStull 05/04/14 10:29 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? SteveH 05/04/14 11:13 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? champ 05/04/14 04:38 PM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? Fin09 05/05/14 10:46 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? Joe Bowler 05/07/14 07:39 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? Fin09 05/07/14 10:41 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? vdubtx 05/07/14 03:12 PM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? BOSStull 05/10/14 11:12 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? wronghander 05/10/14 11:20 AM
Re: Will there be a U.S. Open this year??? BIGHMW 05/10/14 04:54 PM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.