BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187138 - 04/28/14 12:34 AM My first visit to the USBC ITRC
vdubtx Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 44/M/TX
Took my first trip to the USBC International Training and Research Center this afternoon. Scheduled a time to get some practice on the USBC Open Doubles/Singles oil pattern.

The ITRC will put down any oil pattern you want for $25 per lane per hour. Can have as many people as you want for that same $25.

I was a bit intimidated by the pattern at first, but having bowled on it now I think I can shoot pretty well on it in Reno. Of course was just me bowling on one lane and will certainly be different and need to be sure I watch the transitions from frame to frame.

I put together a bunch of shots on the pattern on video that I will link to below. I had a good look on the lane beginning in the fresh standing about 19 to begin with the Disturbed and about 16 with First Blood targeting about 11-13 at the arrows with a break point of about 9-10. As my practice went on I kept moving a bit left with my feet but keeping my same target at the arrows. Ended up at 22 with my feet with the Disturbed and 18 with First Blood. Just as a frame of reference, I typically stand anywhere from 30-32 with Disturbed and 30 with First Blood when I start on fresh house shots.

With these patterns, any time you get outside of 10 at the arrows(especially on fresh), you will have a hard time making it back to the head pin. If you miss left, you will hit heavy. Spare shooting is vital and straight shooting is what I did for everything. Used my spare ball with great success on all leaves. 10 pin cross lane and even 7 pins cross lane worked great.

When the pattern broke down from just me bowling, I was actually able to roll up 10 with my old Track Slash and Columbia U-Turn and had a nice down and in shot.

Feeling pretty good about it. Did not keep score, but would have easily been a mid 600 series or so if I asked them to have the system keep score.
Have another session scheduled for May 10 with other team members and some members of team we will be crossing with. Plan to spend a couple hours on both the Team pattern and again on Double/Singles patterns that day.

Equipment:
Roto Grip -
Haywire
Hyper Cell
Disturbed
Uproar
Roto Red Spare

Hammer -
First Blood

Storm -
Ride

Brunswick -
Nirvana

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
My first visit to the USBC ITRC vdubtx 04/28/14 12:34 AM
Re: My first visit to the USBC ITRC sk8shorty01 04/28/14 02:19 PM
Re: My first visit to the USBC ITRC vdubtx 04/28/14 02:24 PM
Re: My first visit to the USBC ITRC Dennis Michael 04/28/14 04:53 PM
Re: My first visit to the USBC ITRC champ 04/28/14 08:43 PM
Re: My first visit to the USBC ITRC vdubtx 04/30/14 10:39 AM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.