BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187055 - 04/22/14 10:03 PM What the PBA needs to do to still exist
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
1) Get High 5 Gear either its own sponsored segment (like the "Hammer Tough Spare Replay" they have for great split conversions, etc.) or have it buy its own commercial/rotational ad signage space to promote its exciting and awesome lineup of custom-built apparel (including both its replica PBA player and PBA League jerseys and its new Chromacolor pants), and also get out to the beverage industry and get Bud Light and Pepsi back on board or even get the folks at Ice-Watch (www.ice-watch.com) to advertise its colorful lineup of fashion (and expensive) watches with a segment called the Ice-Watch "Change Of The Match" (involving a key technical ball/line change that wins a match or title) their company slogan currently is "Change. You Can", also, do better than cramming the many "As Seen On TV" ads down our throats for the other TV commercial space, heck, even CindyMargolis.com would do men in the 18-49 demographic (the prime one for Nielsen for sports on TV) much better than the Ye Olde Brooklyn Lantern or the Pocket Hose will do them right about now.

The Ice-Watch commercial, a 15-second one for its Ice-Forever collection, one of its many different lineups, from its massive international market, can be seen right here:

2) Cancel its lame, futile contract with ESPN and get on a legitimate other cable network with heavy TV provider carriage such as FOX Sports 1 (and have Erin Andrews be laneside interviewer, huge ratings booster right there!!!) or NBCSN (with Rebecca Lowe, the current Premier League Football hottie!!!) and retain the terrific and bowling-knowledgeable tandem of both Mike Jakubowski (the best PBP man the PBA has had since Denny Schreiner and the late great Chris Schenkel last graced us in the 90s) and Randy Pedersen, the best and most up-to-date and era-correct color analyst we've had since Bo Burton retired (all apologies to Marshall Holman, Mike Durbin and the late great Earl Anthony although they were great too they were just not tech-savvy/21st Century-ready enough).

3) Get off that (and avoid at any cost) horrible time slot coinciding with the NFL/NBA/NCAA/NASCAR juggernaut on Sunday Morning/afternoons and have our telecasts air LIVE on TV (at least on basic cable if not the Big 4 Networks) instead of this taped-in-advance garbage that they are doing now, there is too much room going that route for spoilers from Xtra Frame viewers and others putting up spoilers on sites like this one and others, as well as a backlash from those (like me) who won't wait 'til they air on TV this time around (I plan of getting Xtra Frame when I move to a rental house (since my late mother's trust fund no longer can keep us at the house they currently own and now have to sell) early this coming month.

4) Invite celebrities who are just-as bowling savvy like Kevin Hart, Chris Hardwick (of my PBA league Champion Silver Lake Atom Splitters!!!), and of course Chris Paul to join the crew in the booth and also invite PBA legends like Johnny Petraglia (I enjoy hearing him critique player shots during a telecast) or for old-school sake good-ol' Bo Burton (I just love it how he calls Belmo's powerful strike ball a "Big-Train" and indeed it is!) or even Marshall Holman recalling his great moments and insight on today's game.

Any other ideas guys? I've come up with mine, how about some others.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
What the PBA needs to do to still exist BIGHMW 04/22/14 10:03 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist wronghander 04/22/14 10:24 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist B-Hammer 04/22/14 10:27 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist BIGHMW 04/22/14 11:22 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist BIGHMW 04/23/14 12:33 AM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist sk8shorty01 04/23/14 09:06 AM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist BIGHMW 04/23/14 11:45 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist sk8shorty01 04/24/14 08:42 AM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist Joe Bowler 04/23/14 07:04 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist SteveH 04/23/14 11:08 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist Joe Bowler 04/24/14 05:41 AM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist Joe Bowler 04/29/14 01:31 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist SteveH 04/24/14 11:30 AM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist sk8shorty01 04/24/14 01:46 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist SteveH 04/24/14 07:17 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist SteveH 05/02/14 02:11 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist sk8shorty01 05/02/14 02:18 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist Mkirchie 05/02/14 03:42 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist Fin09 05/02/14 03:59 PM
Re: What the PBA needs to do to still exist SteveH 05/03/14 01:10 PM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 4 minutes 40 seconds ago
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by Dennis Michael - Today at 01:00 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - Today at 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - Today at 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.