BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#134471 - 09/03/10 04:49 PM Re: Am I still too fast? (akt22's log 8/11/10) [Re: CoachJim]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Since CoachJim and sk8 got to the big issues like the pushaway being off to the right, the ball being out of the swing plane i.e. behind you back, and the footwork. I'll hit a few other things that I saw.

First I think you could really benefit from learning to walk the tightrope or what's called the cross step. You kinda do it on your second step but you really wanna get your right foot over in front of your left foot on both your 2nd and 4th steps. This will help keep your hip and body out of the swing slot/plane which is usually the subconscious reason most bowlers pull their swing behind them. You may simply have taken it a step further and started with the pushaway.

Second, bend them knees. Get some power out of your legs, they aren't just there for walking. Actually use them to get low and generate some Ummph. If you watch you are look like you are try to but never really get there and at the last minute you bend at the waist and super drop your swing side shoulder.

Using your legs may help with some of the balance issues you are having as well, help keep your head on a level plane which increases your accuracy. Because of that bend and dip you do, you have about...maybe a half a second for your eyes to adjust to tell the brain what your body needs to do to get the ball where you want it to go. That's way too fast for an adjustment that is governing so many muscles. Also, you won't pop up sometimes or lose your balance because your center of gravity will be lower to the ground and the momentum will be more evenly absorbed throughout your body.

Third, and I know it is overlooked often, but your balance arm. It comes off the ball and limply goes out to its intended position. Not the best way to use one of your tools. I mean it looks like it's not helping all that much. You wanna keep your balance arm down in front of you after it leaves the ball, for a step, maybe two and then exstend it out in front of you. This will allow your swing shoulder to open more and may help you swing straighter. Then on or more like in between your power step (4th for you) and slide, since you have your balance arm exstended in front of you and the ball is coming forward you use the countermotion to act like a whip. As your swing arm comes forward your balance arm goes out to the side. This will get your shoulders realigned, preserve the momentum gathered by the ball, and allow you a better more balanced and smooth finish position because the countermotion created by it will act against the force exerted on your body by the swing.

Well I hope that helps,

The Demolition Man

Edited by TheDemolitionMan (09/03/10 04:51 PM)
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Am I still too fast? (akt22's log 8/11/10) akt22 08/10/10 02:57 AM
Re: Am I still too fast? (akt22's log 8/11/10) CoachJim 08/10/10 06:31 AM
Re: Am I still too fast? (akt22's log 8/11/10) sk8shorty01 08/18/10 02:26 PM
Re: Am I still too fast? (akt22's log 8/11/10) DocLogic77 09/02/10 02:18 AM
Re: Am I still too fast? (akt22's log 8/11/10) CoachJim 09/02/10 08:24 AM
Re: Am I still too fast? (akt22's log 8/11/10) TheDemolitionMan 09/03/10 04:49 PM
Re: Am I still too fast? (akt22's log 8/11/10) IBowlPaul1969 08/27/10 05:08 PM
Re: Am I still too fast? (akt22's log 8/11/10) demos 08/28/10 01:44 PM

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.